Does Adobe still allow license transfers for discontinued products?

Foxhack

Limp Gawd
I've been clearing out my home and I recently found that I had an old, apparently sealed copy of an Adobe product in storage. I tried looking it up on eBay, but the UPC doesn't return any hits, however searching for it on Google does bring up listings. I want to sell it, but I think it would be smarter to register the product to my account to confirm that the key is legitimate, and once that is done, arrange a license transfer.

But since the product is no longer sold or supported by Adobe, I'm not sure if they'll be fine with a license transfer? I haven't dealt with them much beyond registering some software (that I never used), so I'm hoping people here have a clue.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks. :)

Yes they do, I've gotten CS4 and CS5 transfers done within the last 2-3 years.

What product? Adobe turned off the CS2 Activation/Authentication servers a few years ago so they basically gave away the program with a special key to activate the new downloads.
Not sure if it was just CS2 or the older ones as well.

Thanks for the replies!

It's a Creative Suite 6 Master Collection that I picked up ages ago. The box is beat up to heck, but it still seems to be sealed. I tried looking for listings on eBay and it doesn't seem to pop up that often (looks like there's a lot of bootleg copies floating out there) and since I'm not 100% sure mine isn't a bootleg, I think attempting to register it to make sure it's legitimate (but not install it, so I don't have to deactivate it) is the best way to deal with that. The internet says that the CS6 servers are still active, so it should still work. I hope.

Wish me luck!

Thanks for the replies!

It's a Creative Suite 6 Master Collection that I picked up ages ago. The box is beat up to heck, but it still seems to be sealed. I tried looking for listings on eBay and it doesn't seem to pop up that often (looks like there's a lot of bootleg copies floating out there) and since I'm not 100% sure mine isn't a bootleg, I think attempting to register it to make sure it's legitimate (but not install it, so I don't have to deactivate it) is the best way to deal with that. The internet says that the CS6 servers are still active, so it should still work. I hope.

Wish me luck!
If the box is sealed, I doubt you'll even need to transfer it.

That said, how much are you asking for it? We can take this to the PMs ;D

If the box is sealed, I doubt you'll even need to transfer it.

That said, how much are you asking for it? We can take this to the PMs ;D
The thing is, I'm not 100% certain this is legit. The sticker hologram on the bottom matches other legit software I own, but I'm still not sure enough that it's legit, and the box is beat up, like someone tried to open it. I would rather be 100% sure that it's legitimate, and not risk screwing someone over because I didn't make sure things were -fine-. Better safe than sorry.

The thing is, I'm not 100% certain this is legit. The sticker hologram on the bottom matches other legit software I own, but I'm still not sure enough that it's legit, and the box is beat up, like someone tried to open it. I would rather be 100% sure that it's legitimate, and not risk screwing someone over because I didn't make sure things were -fine-. Better safe than sorry.
What you can do and one thing I've done with other sellers (since I'm based outside of the EU/US area) is you can register the key to your own account to prove it's legit and then initiate the transfer. In my particular scenario, I can immediately pay and upon transfer of the license to my account, legitimately use the software in our small org while the physical copy makes it way over to my US forwarder via snail mail.

Based on your original post though, that may already what you have had in mind...

I've had CS3, CS4 and CS5 transfers all done within the last few years (I was the buyer, never the seller).

So I'm confused. The code cannot be registered online, I get "this code is invalid" errors. But support told me that it's a valid code. It just can't be registered online, I have to install the program before I can actually add it to my account. That's weird.

Welp, whatever. I got my answer. Woo. Thank you.

Back