Does a install of Windows 10 Affect Steam or Origin in anyway?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Prying Mind want to know I just installed my Origin games in Windows 8.1 Over again.

post makes no sense.
You need to clarify what the issue is and what you did to bring about said issue.

I don't think it's a lack of coffee that's causing me to not understand, as I've just about finished my pot.

I'm confused... but if your asking if Steam and Origin have problems running games on Windows 10? The answer is no, I don't have any issues.

It has no issues when installing Windows 10 either as an upgrade (myself and my son did that) or as a fresh install (did that on a test PC). Both Origin & Steam work as they did on 8.1

However - League of Legends doesn't work. Crashes. Known issue with LoL folks, and they are working on it. So, if that's one you play, hold off. Not sure on build 10041 yet.

best thing you can do with origin is copy the games over to a different partition or hard drive. Just copy the entire games folder or what ever games you wish to keep archived. re install origin if doing a clean install and start all the downloads then pause them. Copy the games back to origin games folder and it will be finished very fast without wasting huge bandwidth and time.

I believe the same is possible with steam but i must have missed a step cause it seemed to re download and copy over the existing files i moved over. I suspect copying the entire steam folder might work better but my current installed steam log wasn't much anyway

Of course every time you install a new OS you're going to have to redownload the games unless you saved them to another hard drive and ported them back over when the install is finished. Other than that I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly.

If you install windows 10 over the OS you have Origin and Steam run fine afterwards. I installed it over my windows 7 install and there was no issue with origin and steam. Now certain games may not work or perform well in windows 10.

I was having no problems but now UPlay, with the latest version of 10, tells me I have a debugger running and refuses to start so...

Just wiped out my SSD and getting ready to clean install the latest build. Will be testing all gaming platforms. Steam, Origin, UPlay.

I was having no problems but now UPlay, with the latest version of 10, tells me I have a debugger running and refuses to start so...

Just wiped out my SSD and getting ready to clean install the latest build. Will be testing all gaming platforms. Steam, Origin, UPlay.

I see that you didn't have much luck. Pretty lame UPlay doesn't allow you to run the games you legit paid for. I'm glad I don't have any UbiShit titles. NoCD .exe files are your friend in this case.

Back