does 360 media remote make it any easier to play movies from shared drive?

eon

2[H]4U
Im buying a 360 wifi adapter on craiglist. one is selling wifi for $30 another selling wifi + remote for $45 and I'm trying to see if that remote is worth the extra 5 mile drive and $15. Im thinking it could be useful if it will make it more convenient for my GF to be able to navigate and play movies on the 360 that are stored on my computer's shared drive.
should this be the case? thanks

it's just a remote. Some people may find it easier to use a remote because they are more familiar with it, but it isn't going to really help you do anything that you couldn't do before.

Any universal remote should also be able to control a 360.

ah okay, i was just hoping maybe it has some button shortcuts to automatically bring up menus and streamline the process of playing media on the 360

Save your money and buy harmony remote. I love my harmony remote and controls my box just fine

ah okay, i was just hoping maybe it has some button shortcuts to automatically bring up menus and streamline the process of playing media on the 360

It may help a little then -- it'll be a more familiar interface than a controller.

I just use a regular universal when i want to watch movies on the 360. It's a little better than the controller, for instance, the controller will turn itself off and then i have to turn it back on for anything. An IR remote just works all the time and also doesn't waste my control battery.

Back