Document Management

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anyone have any small business clients that are using a Document Management software?

I have a client looking to start going paperless. We will need some sort of server based software that allows a database of clients so we can scan and import into these folders.

I also need something for mobile support so they can scan and access these files when they are in the field (connected through a broadband card).

Any ideas?

I deal with a great deal of paperless offices, and I actually sell a drop in appliance and paperless starter kit that is customized to the type and size of the office. If you can PM me some of the additional details of exactly what you're wanting to accomplish I can help you get something put together

I've worked with OnBase from Hyland before. It is an imaging solution that is very customizable.

If you don't want to be bothered with on prem, look at paper host.

If you want on prem, there are about a million, stay away from DocStar, I would also stay away from copier companies software (i.e. Minolta) as their copiers are enough of a pain in the ass, their document management is even more of a pain (in my experience)

I did review on that i really liked, the name is at work i can probably get it for you tomorrow

I do not have experience with Canon ImageWARE

Guy's he's looking for a full end to end document management system such as Alfresco ECM (www.alfresco.com) This way he can leverage normal CMIS clients for mobile applications, easy to use document management interface, fully searchable interface, and document versioning.

Implementation is going to be the key to making it work correct for ones office though, its pretty important to implement it right and really sketch out the workflow on what the office is trying to accomplish and adhear to and document legal standards that the office may be inflicted with. (aka HIPAA, or legal record aging, etc)

If you don't want to be bothered with on prem, look at paper host.

If you want on prem, there are about a million, stay away from DocStar, I would also stay away from copier companies software (i.e. Minolta) as their copiers are enough of a pain in the ass, their document management is even more of a pain (in my experience)

I did review on that i really liked, the name is at work i can probably get it for you tomorrow

I do not have experience with Canon ImageWARE

Which one is taht =)

Back