Doctor Ready To Perform First Human Head Transplant

HardOCP News

[H] News
Not that I doubt this doctor's abilities but it scares me to think he got the idea for head transplant surgery "from a Spider-Man comic book." He even has code names for the human head transplant, one is HEAVEN (head anastomosis venture) and the other is Gemini.

His attachment to Spider-Man’s Peter Parker, another dweeb, lured him deep into the comic book world of Marvel, with its dose of futuristic medicine. That fateful day, he bought Issue 51 of Marvel Team-Up, in which Dr. Strange boasts to Spider-Man and Iron Man, “I myself have surgically rejoined severed neurolinkages…. The nerve endings have been fused, the healing process begun.” This marked Canavero’s first encounter with the idea of spinal cord fusion. And he wanted more.

Oh if he gets this down china proper will be executing their unwashed like their is no tomorrow. So that the 1% can have their pick of the flock of new bodies.

His attachment to Spider-Man’s Peter Parker, another dweeb, lured him deep into the comic book world of Marvel, with its dose of futuristic medicine. That fateful day, he bought Issue 51 of Marvel Team-Up, in which Dr. Strange boasts to Spider-Man and Iron Man, “I myself have surgically rejoined severed neurolinkages…. The nerve endings have been fused, the healing process begun.” This marked Canavero’s first encounter with the idea of spinal cord fusion. And he wanted more.

WAT?

This is awesome news! They can break out the head of Walt Disney from its cryogenic slumber and put it on anew on someone! :nurse:

"Canavero understands. A self-described womanizer who says he studied German-language Spider-Man comics as a bachelor to seduce German-speaking women, he is a hedonist who wants his patients to experience all of life’s pleasures."

Obviously a whackjob in need of attention.

Why? How is this different from Heart transplants and other things that were at one time so "far fetched" people thought they'd never do it.

It's just a matter of time, and who wouldn't want this? It's something that could greatly help people in similar situations, you don't think someone like say, Stephen Hawking, would not want to be able to walk and move again?

As long as it's done ethically I think it can be great if it works out well.

Why? How is this different from Heart transplants and other things that were at one time so "far fetched" people thought they'd never do it.

Because it involves reconnecting nerves?
If you are just talking about fusing the skull to the neck bones, or reconnecting the blood supply, then it might be possible.
But if they can't even reconnect the severed nerves in a arm or hand, how are they going to reconnect all the nerves connecting the head to the rest of the body?

It's like saying you are going to build a battery to give an electric car a 5,000 mile range and it can be charge in 5 minutes. Not with anything close to todays technology.

But if they can't even reconnect the severed nerves in a arm or hand, how are they going to reconnect all the nerves connecting the head to the rest of the body?

Yeah but that's like a squashed banana ... or something. In this case, "... doctors will cleanly chop through both spinal cords—with a $200,000 diamond nanoblade, so thin that it is measured in angstroms, provided by the University of Texas." so everything is going to work out fine. o_O

Because it involves reconnecting nerves?

It's already been accomplished by stripping away scar tissue on paralyzed rats' spinal cords, and reconnecting the two remaining healthy halves. The rats regained movement in weeks.

Apparently only 10 to 20% of the spinal strands are needed to regain movement

It's already been accomplished by stripping away scar tissue on paralyzed rats' spinal cords, and reconnecting the two remaining healthy halves. The rats regained movement in weeks.

Apparently only 10 to 20% of the spinal strands are needed to regain movement

so they'd live in hell with peripheral neuropathy, not a nice feeling I'm told.

I wish this guy the best of luck and hope he gets volunteers soon. I think that pedophiles on death row should be used for his testing subjects, if you die problem solved if you live we kill you anyway after study of course.

I can think of some current presidential female candidates who would make great experimental subjects. nothing there to hurt.

7-ray-milland.jpg

hahhahah.... i remember watching this. First thing that popped in my head. :LOL:

Here's what I don't get, if you could fuse the spinal cord at the base, why aren't we doing spinal cord transplants for less invasive surgeries. Why start with head transplants instead of fixing paraplegics? As others have pointed out, why not get someone's finger to bend again with a nerve transplant?

This flies right in the face of real science, which tends to focus on a small-scale proof-of-concept before lining up the moonshot.

I can think of some current presidential female candidates who would make great experimental subjects. nothing there to hurt.

Didn't know that Donald Drumpf was actually female. "The More You Know!"

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
and this summer's new blockbuster movie: Head/Off....starring Nicolas Cage & John Travolta!! :ROFLMAO:

and this summer's new blockbuster movie: Head/Off....starring Nicolas Cage & John Travolta!! :ROFLMAO:

No way, I want to see that movie with Nicolas Cage and Reese Witherspoon. Come on, you know you want it.

If you're paralyzed from the neck down, why not give it a shot? Hell, probably better than your shitty life as an invalid.

Didn't know that Donald Drumpf was actually female. "The More You Know!"

I would not mind throwing him into the test pit as well, he is a douch bag that will use the presidency for nothing more than making himself richer.

It's one thing to be proud of one's career and knowing he has helped thousands of patients to have a better life. But this? This is having a god complex with a narcissism that is off the charts. Delusion of grandeur to the max.

Listen, you all need to get used to the fact that DJT is going to be the next president of the USA. You had your 8 years with Obama, and the Republican Party bent over backwards to help him get things done that we really thought were good for the citizens of our great country. Now, it's TRUMP, all day, every day. This is what happens to an empire that embraces "reality" TV. Archeologists have recently proved that "Keeping Up With The Whores/Kardashians" episodes were performed in ancient Roman amphitheaters. These "Romality" shows, as they became known as, were forcefully spread far and wide by Roman Troops called Snooki's.

I think this is silly.

Accept it.

Trump!, Trump!, Uber Alles!

Listen, you all need to get used to the fact that DJT is going to be the next president of the USA. You had your 8 years with Obama, and the Republican Party bent over backwards to help him get things done that we really thought were good for the citizens of our great country. Now, it's TRUMP, all day, every day. This is what happens to an empire that embraces "reality" TV. Archeologists have recently proved that "Keeping Up With The Whores/Kardashians" episodes were performed in ancient Roman amphitheaters. These "Romality" shows, as they became known as, were forcefully spread far and wide by Roman Troops called Snooki's.

I think this is silly.

Accept it.

lol?

That was pretty close to the Poe's Law, and that is saying a lot lol.

Drumpf being genetically female would explain the tiny hands! /conspiracy continues! :p

5-fFEb07.png

It is a nicely shaped head, I must say...

I think this is silly.

Accept it.

55721794.jpg

Back