Do Zotac GTX 970 fans fail at a high rate?

Discussion in 'nVidia Flavor' started by Engr62, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Engr62

Engr62 Limp Gawd

OK, so I just can't seem to get a GTX 1060 at a decent price. Yesterday, it seemed like just about every online retailer ran out of 6gb GTX 1060s that were under $300.

So, I'm contemplating buying a Zotac GTX 970 for a second system I'm trying to put together. I have a MSI GTX 970 Gaming card in my main system already, and I love it. But these cards are going for $200+ on eBay lately. When I first came across the Zotac, I thought I remembered there being a fan issue with these cards. So, I did a quick search and found tons of posts and YouTube videos about fan failures on the Zotacs.

My question is... Were the fans on the Zotac GTX 970s really failure-prone, or am I just finding so many complaints because I looked for them? I mean, I see posts and videos about the MSI GTX 970 Gaming fans failing too, but they don't seem to be as prevalent.

2. serial__thrilla

serial__thrilla [H]Lite

I dunno what you heard or read and where, but my little Zotac mini GTX 970 has been fine since 2014 (knocks on wood), which was when I bought it brand new.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. 87dtna

87dtna Gawd

Zotac is an underrated brand, they are just as good as any other brand really.

4. kirbyrj

kirbyrj Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

Same here.

5. braamer

braamer [H]ard|Gawd

I think they do. One of the fans on my son's Zotac GTX 970 failed within a year, and in my researching online, it seems that it was a common enough problem.