Do you Wii Fit?

BoyBlunder

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm thinking about getting a Wii Fit. I'm out of shape, and alongside eating right and going for walks, I think having a Wii Fit would be a good idea to get back into shape. The one thing that irks me though is the $90 price tag.

Do you use your Wii Fit? How often? Do you feel healthier?

I have thought about it as well. The one main thing keeping me from buying it (aside from availability,) is a review i read that said a large portion of the strength training exercises are sit ups and push ups. Aside from hating situps and pushups personally, you really wouldn't need a $90 balance board to do them.

If you are out of shape and...

1) looking to play a video game to get back in shape
or
2) balking at $90 as to much to spend for your health

you are in trouble!

I got a wiifit with the same reasoning that you have and was hoping to maybe get into a little better shape. I have had it for about 2 months and have only used it twice. It was fun the first time and even the second time, but the workout sessions are just a little too long for me and it doesnt feel like it does that much. I have taken to just running around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes a night and IMHO that has helped alot more than the wiifit would have. I do know that someone on here, Firebomb i think, has said that he lost weight using it on a regular basis, so it really all depends on how committed you are. For me though, i just got annoyed with it and wish i had the $90 back.

No Wii fit here, too much to just exercise. Just go to the Gym. I would rather stay a fata$$ and keep $90 in my fat wallet.:)

Wife bought a Wii and wiifit just to lose weight but the reason she has gained weight is because she is lazy. Wiifit doesn't cure lazy so if you are lazy and expecting the wii fit to cure that it wont. She has use it twice and never touched it since.

I on the other hand am not lazy or out of shape and wanted to try it out just to see if it works and if you do it like a work out yes it works....slightly. But most people use it as a game and stop when ever they want and don't really put any effort into it.

If you are not lazy this can work / help you lose weight but you will have to work out longer than with a normal routine.

Im a fitness fanatic and i used it for 30 days straight, yer i lost weight, felt more flexible, toned up a little, but the wiifit eventually annoyed the shit out of me with the repetitive comments and musi etc, if nintendo spent more time on it and added more coments/music/colours/rewards etc i might still have it but unfortunately this is just another nintendo cash in game, when are we all gonna wake up and realise we are all being constantly shafted by nintendo?

Just get a membership at the local gym, and load some good music onto your MP3 player. It's way more fun and you will actually get a well-rounded workout if you go in there with a plan. Wii Fit only gets you some minor cardio.

i think wii fit would work for the same people that would rather workout out of convenience of their home, than rather go to a gym.....

nes-power-pad.jpg

Played the power pad a ton when I was a kid this thing would eat the fit alive in terms of heart rate.

Back