Do you use a case on your iPhone 4?

jnick

2[H]4U
So I am eagerly awaiting my iPhone 4S and to pass time, have been accessory shopping! Of course the idea of cases came up and I am torn. The phone, IMO, is absolutely gorgeous and I'd hate to cover it up. However, I'd also hate for it to get scratched/cracked as well (even though I will be getting AppleCare+). So the question is:

Do you use a case on your iPhone 4? If so, which?

I have been eyeing the Incipio Edge Pro, Otterbox Commuter and Otterbox Reflex, but nothing is jumping out at me yet. Thoughts?

I use the otterbox defender on my 3GS. That thing is indestructible. Grantid my phone is 2x as thick and heavy, but I'm also an outdoorsman so I drop my phone, bump into stuff (rocks, tree's, etc) and get water on my phone too often. But, the phone itself is still in mint condition.

If however, you want to see the phone, obviously you do, maybe just get a bumper and some clear screen protectors?

I've used an Otterbox Defender on an iPhone 4....no thanks. The thing is just too damn thick, not overall, but the edge on the screen interferes with typing. I love my Otterbox Commuter on my 3GS and my sister-in-law switched to the Commuter for her iPhone 4, she likes it a lot better than the Defender(Same complaint about the Defender interfering with typing).

I already ordered the Commuter for my 4S. Sadly, I wont be able to try it for a few weeks since I am purchasing an unlocked 4S and it wont be available for purchase for some time. I'm contracting in Afghanistan, so I need unlocked and I don't have cell service stateside right now anyways.

I've used an Otterbox Defender on an iPhone 4....no thanks. The thing is just too damn thick, not overall, but the edge on the screen interferes with typing. I love my Otterbox Commuter on my 3GS and my sister-in-law switched to the Commuter for her iPhone 4, she likes it a lot better than the Defender(Same complaint about the Defender interfering with typing).

I already ordered the Commuter for my 4S. Sadly, I wont be able to try it for a few weeks since I am purchasing an unlocked 4S and it wont be available for purchase for some time. I'm contracting in Afghanistan, so I need unlocked and I don't have cell service stateside right now anyways.

I noticed that typing issue today when I was using her phone.
the screen is sunk in a lot with that case and the left and right edge of the screen is hard to get to.

My wife uses a nice leather Krussell (sp?) case on hers - doesn't detract from the looks but still provides protection. I use an ugly black plastic one on mine as it gets dropped quite a bit more often. I would always go with a case thanks to the aforementioned regular drops.

I would use it naked as much as possible. I will put a bumper or Otterbox on mine depending on what I'm going to be doing.

The first 3-4 months of having my iPhone 4 I kept it in a bumpr 24/7. The bumper (Apple Brand) scratched the aluminum all to hell.

I prefer my phones totally naked. No ugly things on my hardware.

I bought some colorful cases for my iphone4. It looks beautiful and protect my iphone4

I bought Applecare+ for my 4S. Not sure if I should buy a case, but if I do, it will just be a slim affair given the accidental damage coverage. Went caseless on my 3GS and never had any real problems (scratches on the back, of coures) until that hairline dock connector crack appeared.

I had a case that I got for free with the whole antennagate thing. There must have been some dust in between the case and the back of the phone that scratched it all up. Once I noticed, I stopped using the case. I love it totally free.

I want to, but I can't ever seem to find a case that I truly like. I have been looking at the incipio case for a while, I think I'm going to end up with one of these..

If you want to be able to see it then you have to go caseless or at the minimum get clear screens for the front and back.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I was actually looking at doing an SGP Neo Hybrid 2 EX - if they had it for the 4S! That along with a front screen protector and possibly a black leather skin...? I think that would offer enough protection along with AppleCare+...but again they don't make it so back to the drawing board :(

I will always cover my iPhone... darn thing is too damn delicate not too.

Save your money and never buy the cases at the apple store. I use Office Depot for a decent cases and screen protectors. I just hit a clearance rack there a few weekends ago and got screen protectors and a couple of cases for like $25. Decent cases and screen protectors too.

Note: I don't use otterbach cases for the simple reason as I'm not that rough on my phones and don't take them out to do outdoorsy things that often to require that much protection.

just ordered my iphone 4s on friday, and also ordered the Element Vapor pro case.. should do the trick :)

I don't like cases, they're too bulky, so I just use a skin from Gelaskins.com

They have a fantastic material that feels great, resist scratches, and if you mis-apply it, you can peel it off and re-apply as many times as you want. It leaves no residue. Oh, and if you don't like the design you can submit your own.

I have had every iPhone so far and never used a case. I've never had any problems besides a couple hairline scratches on the back after a year of use with each. The screens and edges are all flawless.

I don't like cases, they're too bulky, so I just use a skin from Gelaskins.com

They have a fantastic material that feels great, resist scratches, and if you mis-apply it, you can peel it off and re-apply as many times as you want. It leaves no residue. Oh, and if you don't like the design you can submit your own.

I use this as well.

I wouldn't get the OtterBox Defender. I'm on my 5th one (their customer support keeps sending me new ones) but they have a problem of stretching.

I wouldn't get the OtterBox Defender. I'm on my 5th one (their customer support keeps sending me new ones) but they have a problem of stretching.

I'm curious, do you have the verizon or original att version? I ordered the 4/4s version with the bigger camera cutout. It seems like they may have addressed the issue in the newer version "The original iphone 4 case is well made but the silicone skin has a tendency on the face to frequently come out of it's grove and peel back. This was never a issue with the iphone 3 case. Has this issue been resolved or improved with this new case." from the FAQ.

ATT has 25% off accessories atm.

I tried a bunch of cases and like the speck candyshell and the sidio active x for protection. The speck wins for having less exposed rubber so it is easier to pull out of the pocket, but gets scratched up and looks not so great quickly, sidio better protection.

Lately just going with the apple bumper when I don't need the protection.

Front and back screen protectors too.

I'm curious, do you have the verizon or original att version? I ordered the 4/4s version with the bigger camera cutout. It seems like they may have addressed the issue in the newer version "The original iphone 4 case is well made but the silicone skin has a tendency on the face to frequently come out of it's grove and peel back. This was never a issue with the iphone 3 case. Has this issue been resolved or improved with this new case." from the FAQ.

I have the AT&T version, but I thought they updated it. I still have the problem and it sucks because I loved the Defender case on my iPhone 3G.

No case at all here. I find that iPhone is so well built it doesnt get messed up at all. I keep mine in my pocket all day every day and there is nothing on it!

I would grab a case just because, but then it wont fit in any docks, etc. Cases are annoying for that reason.

I just got the Otterbox Reflex and compared to the Commuter it seems a lot better made and much smaller. It also has more plastic so it is easier to get out of pocket. Now if only my iPhone 4s would get here faster! :D

High five! I'm absolutely the same way. My macbook too.

Double high five! Even my iPad is naked.

Helps great when buying stuff with docks built in. Then you would have to take it out anyway to use it.

Back