Do you think Xbox360 will be easily attainable before Christmas?

Will Xbox360 be easily attainable before Christmas?

• Yes

Votes: 55 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 51.8%

• Total voters

Kitt2003

Limp Gawd
My friends think that orders will be backed up until February, but honestly, I feel 360 will be readily available long before then. I mean why would Microsoft fuck up the holiday season for themselves.

No, theres obviously some sort of shortage. The busiest shopping day of the year was yesterday. If the shelves were stocked they probably could have sold 500k+ yesterday.

Yesterday when I went to walmart, I counted about 30-40 Premiums, and about 20 Core's. And at Target, I counted about 20 Premium, 30 Core. So, there was a shortage here on the 22nd, but now it's nonexistant.

Basic marketing. Limit the supply, increase the demand, thus increasing buzz on the system. Just in time for christmas you ship a mass supply of 360s, which makes everyone happy that they have a 360 under there tree, and in turn max. profits.

Microsoft has three of the largest manufactouring facilities, in China, cranking out XBOXs.

bonkrowave said:
Basic marketing. Limit the supply, increase the demand, thus increasing buzz on the system. Just in time for christmas you ship a mass suplly of 360s, which makes everyone happy that they have a 360 under there tree, and in turn max. profits.

Eeeeexactly.

bonkrowave said:
Basic marketing. Limit the supply, increase the demand, thus increasing buzz on the system. Just in time for christmas you ship a mass supply of 360s, which makes everyone happy that they have a 360 under there tree, and in turn max. profits.

Microsoft has three of the largest manufactouring facilities, in China, cranking of XBOXs.
lets hope so

Of course. The "lauch" on the 22nd was just for hype. What company, let alone M$, is really that ill prepared for a release of the biggest gift of the year?

The people who clicked "no" are obviously unaware of how marketing works. MS is sitting on a huge stack of X360's just waiting to be released through the floodgates conveniently before Christmas. Why do you think a shortage even exists, currently? Product demand goes up, and more boxes are sold just in time for Christmas.

bonkrowave said:

Microsoft has three of the largest manufactouring facilities, in China, cranking out XBOXs.
You got it right. Hold back supply till the last 2 weeks orf the X-mas rush then flood it out and, keep the price up. There should have been a maybe choice.

Well Best Buy certainly didn't get any more in stock. I went there on black friday and one of the clerks told me that some lady offered him 1,000 bucks for his 360. And since they are Microsofts tier 1 store I would think they would get them in stock before anyone else does. ;)

haha i already got mine but i doubt youll get one

negative5.jpg

galdoes16 said:
Yesterday when I went to walmart, I counted about 30-40 Premiums, and about 20 Core's. And at Target, I counted about 20 Premium, 30 Core. So, there was a shortage here on the 22nd, but now it's nonexistant.
WHAT THE HELL? where do you live?
There isnt a single xbox in my state, with some best buys saying they wont get any till febuary. The best news ive heard so far is that i can go line up a day before the 18th and maybe get one at a perticular best buy.

I don't think the shortage is real, I also don't think one will be easily attained before Christmas.

I think that MS are using this shortage marketing tactic to increase demand. However, it is my opinion that this faked shortage will continue well into the New Year. Many are under the impression that the shortage will only be temporary and then a large shipment will come in before Christmas.

I think that shipments will continually come in small increments well into the Next Year, and unless you preorder it will be a struggle to obtain one any time soon.

Adam.

it will be attainable, so yes, but it will not be easy. you will have to search one out , in your area going to best buys, CC's , sears and walmart, shoot you might even have to brave the stench and go to big K. Good luck, I guess the answer to your poll is both.

Back