Do you think its fair that

drpcphil

n00b
Do you think its fair that some game companies make pc games FOR or use Nvidia or AMD Technology and NOT a Standard really for gaming besides some basics of using the standard direct x for this or that just to make it work.

Yes?

They make it, they can choose to use whatever they want. You dont have a RIGHT to play any given game.

By your logic, is it fair that new games cant be played on an nVidia MX440 or ATI Radeon 9200?

FighterAce124 you said *You dont have a RIGHT to play any given game.* how do i NOT have a right to play those games?

Sure, if a brand's proprietary technology is better than any other standard, I would probably prefer to use it still. Capitalism rights most things in the end anyways. AFAIK too, there's no games you can't outright play on either hardware, and most of the proprietary technology used for certain IQ or performance boosts hardly matters to the vast majority of the market.

I think it would be a pretty bad business decision for a company to deliberately exclude part of the market. That having been said, some companies will enter into partnership with other companies for mutual promotion; just because a game says "optimized for nVidia" doesn't mean that they haven't taken steps to make sure that it also works on AMD products as well.

I demand to be able to play AC Valhalla on my Sega Genesis!

playing games is not a right ??? dude i have no comment on this anymore i have every legal right to play video games that I Purchase or make myself

Do you think its fair that some game companies make pc games FOR or use Nvidia or AMD Technology and NOT a Standard really for gaming besides some basics of using the standard direct x for this or that just to make it work.
DirectX is a standard but not an open one, it is a Microsoft affair that in that context/spirit of this thread should be in the list of thing that game company that make pc games should not use I would think.

If they are things that developper wanted to use for a game and was not available otherwise by an open standard that seem quite fair, if they are paid by a company to artificially enforce a bias toward it, it is less fair specially if it is the kind of company that do not need to be playstation/nintendo exclusive or NVidia money/product placement to make their games happen.

playing games is not a right ??? dude i have no comment on this anymore i have every legal right to play video games that I Purchase or make myself
It is a strange way to read this, it is not a right that a game made by developer will work on your hardware, if they say you need a playstation 5 or a video card generation X/Y/Z to make it work before your buy it, that do not goes against any of your right.

F9FDBC75-8A65-44EF-87CD-C7FF20FE7F98.gif

It is my privilege and my right to play games LOL!
It is your privilege and right for all game made by people that are for sell to run on the hardware you own at home ?

People should not have the right to make a game that will not run on your current hardware because that would go against your rights ?

You really dont understand what a right is. You have a RIGHT to breathe. You dont have a RIGHT to play a game. You have a privilege to play a game, you do not have a RIGHT to play a game. You are not ENTITLED to be able to play a game, EVEN if you buy the game. And according to nearly every TOS out there that you have never actually read, you do realize the game publisher or developer even states you dont actually own the game, right? You own access to the game, which can be revoked at any time for any reason, and if the game doesnt work for you, you have no legal recourse to the game owner. You should probably read a standard TOS for a game someday.
You dont have a RIGHT to a game in any way shape or form. The ability to play a game is NOT A RIGHT. The ability to breathe, eat, sleep, are RIGHTS. The ability to enjoy something solely to pass the time is NOT. If you cant understand that, I dont know what to tell you, and I feel bad for you.

Back