Do you think gaming takes up too much of your time?

Do you think gaming takes up too much of your time?

• Yes

Votes: 91 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 93 32.3%
  • Sometimes (i control my gaming)

Votes: 104 36.1%

• Total voters
Nein.

I hardly have time to play anymore... life and work is taking up too much time.

Not really, if I get really hooked into a game where I'm playing a few hours a day, I always have a backlash where I will hardly play at all for a while.

Yes. Even if I sit down and play for 30 mins or an hour that's still time I could have spent doing something constructive. It's even worse when I find a good group of guys to play GoW with, as that could last several hours (sort of a "wha? there's no way it's that late already!).

Yep, it takes up too much of my time but that's the way I want to spend my time so...

;)

I put sometimes, because I usually pace myself pretty well, but at times it gets in the way of a bit of studying, causing a bit of procrastination. :(

yes, why i am selling my gaming rig, could be other things i am doing, i know in a few months i will build another rig likely, so i just take breaks every 2-3 months when i get sick of all the games out.

I think OCing takes up too much of my time when I get a new toy. ;) And then gaming doesn't take up enough time.

I think I "game" about 3 or 4 hours a week nowadays. Not including the gameplay evaluations I do for the [H].

Mark_Warner said:
I think I "game" about 3 or 4 hours a week nowadays. Not including the gameplay evaluations I do for the [H].

which take up all the other hours of the week;)

im gna put yes because even though i only game for about 5 hours a week i think thats too much

There's no way gaming takes up too much of your time. The real problem is there isn't enough time.

The answer will depend on when you ask me.

Ask me when I'm tired after work and the gym, and I'll say no. I'm tired and I just wanna relax with gaming.

Ask me on the weekend when I've done nothing but hang out and play games, then I'll say yes, because I've accomplished nothing productive for that day and I imagine that I could be doing and achieving more. This is because I'm not drained like on weeknights.

Like others have already said, I go through periods where I spend all free time gaming but I also have times where I don't game for weeks.

I prefer more gaming, but rl gets in the way sometimes.

if games didnt exist i'd probably have more IT certifications under my belt lol.. no wait, i think the internet and all computers, consoles and electronic gadgets would need not to exist as well :p

Draax said:
Nope, not since I stopped playing WoW.

It's like you stopped smoking crack or got off a nicotine addiction or something! Good job, wish my roommate would stop playing and have a life again... :D

No!
I don't play computer games every day, but when I do, I play them for about 1-2 hours a day.
The only games that "forced" me to play more than this, were Morrowind and Oblivion.

I hardly play games anymore. There's just too much other stuff going on.

I just recently started shifting my time away from gaming. I'm doing more short term gaming instead of all night sessions.

compared to eternity......no
since i am not forgetting my responsiblities and they are not overlooked.....no

8o)

It used to be the only thing I used to do. But I have faar too much school work to do to play for any real length of time anymore. I do play Wii a bit though, its good for a quick half-hour blast inbetween revising.

Whenever I get a new game, I typically play for hours straight. Otherwise I usually game in 30 minute to 1 hour sessions or until I get bored.

tisb0b said:
no but this forum does
Me too. I spend consiterably more time in gaming related forums or gaming news sites than I do actually playing games.

Yes, new years resolution is to get out more. In 2006 I beat gta:sa 3 times(pc) and 1(ps2) with 100% with no cheats and thats just 1 game of many like es3,quake4, i've got to much time on my hands. :eek:

If i have something important to do then, no it doesn't. However gaming can keep me from taking the initiative to do constructive things that arent absolutely necessary.

Back