Do you think a 6800 Ultra can run Hellgate: London @ 1920x1200, Max Detail, No AA/AF

Do you think my 6800 GT (basically an Ultra) can play Hellgate: London @ 1920x1200, Max Detail, No AA/AF? See my system in sig. Suprisingly my system can handle HL2, Doom3, Quake 4, Far Cry, Guild Wars and NFS:MW quite well @ 1920x1200 Max Detial, No AA/AF.

Hellgate: London isnt even released yet, so just go by the screenshots (click below). Keep in mind this is NOT an FPS shooter. It plays more like Diablo 2, but has the graphics (arguably) on par with current FPS shooters. From what I see and read, there are going to be dozens of highly detailed monsters on screen at once and special effects everywhere. Maps seem really big and detailed.

Links to Image Gallery: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/737/737992/imgs_1.html

Here are some teaser images:
screenshot2_005.jpg

hellgate-london-20051118111818870.jpg

Holy shit, uh, that really depends on what kind of engine they use.. it looks like your card might be able to do 1680x1050 but not when you have over 10 NPCs or 20 people in your screen at the same time. Like junon lag.

yes

but it depends on your card. the 6800gt, if it cant, over clock your card until it can lol,

no iv over heated cards before, they tell you 3 times that there getting to hot and when the do get to hot, it just shuts down and reboots in direct draw and will not let you run direct 3d for a while, so i have yet to fry a card.

but hey i know a few people who have

and why do you need such a high res? youd get better picture with a lower res and some aa on.

MrWizard6600 said:
yes

but it depends on your card. the 6800gt, if it cant, over clock your card until it can lol,

no iv over heated cards before, they tell you 3 times that there getting to hot and when the do get to hot, it just shuts down and reboots in direct draw and will not let you run direct 3d for a while, so i have yet to fry a card.

but hey i know a few people who have

and why do you need such a high res? youd get better picture with a lower res and some aa on.

hahaha, its very tempting to volt mod my card and see how high itll go, but i plan to resell it

well, my LCD's (Dell 2045FPW) has a native rez of 1920x1200, so it looks the best at that rez. plus, this is THE game ive been waiting for. all games up to this point have been fillers. i MUST run this game at 1920x1200 max detail.....

gtx ftw ;)
seriously tho, if uve been waiting forever...have a great monitor and want to play this full out live-experience, why not just go for the big card? i'm sure that if ur gt can handle it then a gtx is going to be able to handle it w/ full everything
btw, it does look very nice, wats the price and where are u buying it? :D

I play most games at 16x12 on my 2405 that does 1920x1200 and I have two 512mb GTX's. 1920 is playable on most games with eyecandy on but it's laggy in an MP setting.

So you can probably play at that res although I would go 16x12 and turn some settings on.

Thier graphics are no where near todays FPS, they don't use per pixel lighting at all. Knowing the ex Blizzard team, they would have made sure the game runs well very well on lower end systems.

razor1 said:
Thier graphics are no where near todays FPS, they don't use per pixel lighting at all. Knowing the ex Blizzard team, they would have made sure the game runs well very well on lower end systems.

well, i think the enemy/characters models are just as detailed as any current FPS. i didnt see too many shader effects on the models either., but they might add some more stuff in later, as this game is only 60% complete. it still looks pretty impressive to me as this isnt meant to be an FPS. your right, they probably will make this game run very well on lower end systems, so hopely my 6800 GT can run this at 1920x1200, or i will be forced to upgrade to a new core system (damn you AGP slot.....)

You guys honestly use 6800GTs for 1920/1200 in new games? There is no way I would be satisfied with the performance using my GT at that res. Just set it down already, games need frames!

I also severely doubt Hellgate will run anywhere near happy on a GT at extreme resolutions. I'm personally aiming to max it at 1024/768....

yes, i honestly use a 6800 GT at 1920x1200 in new games. is that so hard to believe? a 6800 GT isnt as slingblade slow as you think. on my system, the framerates are quite playable. your definition of playable maybe differant though.

Well, I think my system will be able to handle it at 1600x1200 at least. Honestly, ~30 FPS is plenty smooth for me, maybe not to you though.

ManicOne said:
You guys honestly use 6800GTs for 1920/1200 in new games? There is no way I would be satisfied with the performance using my GT at that res. Just set it down already, games need frames!

I also severely doubt Hellgate will run anywhere near happy on a GT at extreme resolutions. I'm personally aiming to max it at 1024/768....

FPS junky and graphics whore I am, so 50 frames and up makes me happy! In FEAR mp I have mine averaging 72, so you can see what side of the frames fence I sit on.

70 FPS in F.E.A.R. !!! WooooW
Dude what do u feed your rig ? Rocket fuel?

Seriously I get around 50+ with no action but once things heat up I go mid twenties sometimes low twenties, I'm running at 1280x960 4xAA + 16xAF

There are a couple settings in fear that will net your large fps gains and better advantage without sacrificing aa or af play around with them :).

Humble_Magii said:
There are a couple settings in fear that will net your large fps gains and better advantage without sacrificing aa or af play around with them :).

and these settings are ... ?

its hard tell since this games not out yet, who knows it might be more intensive on the cpu and ram hearing that itll have many monsters on the screen at the same time with less pixel shading :p

looks pretty unlikely. that game looks massive and as that res i doubt anything short of high end SLI will run that game well

Edit: to run it at the native res of a 2405 you're going to likely want more than a 3200+ as well. Your system will likely run it... but just not at max res with all the goodies on.

Suflex said:
70 FPS in F.E.A.R. !!! WooooW
Dude what do u feed your rig ? Rocket fuel?

Seriously I get around 50+ with no action but once things heat up I go mid twenties sometimes low twenties, I'm running at 1280x960 4xAA + 16xAF

For MP its all about frames, so I'm talking 1024/768, medium textures and shadows, no AA, 2AF, (everything else max/high), and XG nV drivers. The XGs give a very nice performance increase.

ManicOne said:
For MP its all about frames, so I'm talking 1024/768, medium textures and shadows, no AA, 2AF, (everything else max/high), and XG nV drivers. The XGs give a very nice performance increase.

This is so true considering if you don't stay above 50-60 fps during huge fights your gonna die probably :). That is if you play against anyone good.

Back