Votes: 30 41.1%
  • No

Votes: 41 56.2%
  • There is software?

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
I was just reading a Logitech G9x review and the reviewer was talking about how nice the software was for it. And i though to myself that I haven't been running the software for my G5. So do you run the software for your mouse?

Nope.

The Razer software was causing BSOD's for me in 7 x64.

Even if it wasn't, I still don't see the point.

I have the Razer Deathadder and found that when playing Dead Space, the mouse sensitivity was shafted.
Using the mouse software I was able to adjust the mouse behaviour so it was suitable.
Therefore I submit that for poor console ports with mouse problems, the mouse software is useful.

Also, the maximum sensitivity of the Deathadder mouse is not on by default and while it is very good at default, it is even better once configured.

I have not found the mouse software to be of any use prior to having bad console ports nor was it useful on any mouse I have used previous to the Deathadder.
So generally it is of little use, but occasionally it has definite benefits.

I have used the Logitech G9 software but I didn't bother to install it when I installed windows 7.

The software really allows you to pre-program stuff which gets stored in the mouse anyway so you don't really need it once you set customized DPI key assignments etc on the mouse. The software isn't necessary once you have programmed the mouse (at least I haven't found any use for it).

So no, I don't use it but I have used it before.

Kensington 4-button trackball here, yes I run the software to customize it. :)

I run the Logitech software for my MX1000 so that I can remap the side keys.

I used the software for my G9 to set up the profiles initially. After that I uninstalled it as everything is saved in the mouse's firmware.

Negative here. I don't PC game anymore since i got my 360, so i bought the Razer Krait because it is long and low profile. I have huge hands, so a long mouse is good.

while using the G5 the past two-ish years, i didn't use any software. i don't guess it had any, actually...but since i've switched to the X8, i'm runnin with the software.

yeah, i like being able to change the buttons to do what I want.

on my vx nano the middle click = expose, forward = next workspace

I don't for my desktops, but I definitely install synaptic touchpad drivers on my netbook and other laptops, they make a huge difference. My mx518 I use without drivers; sensitivity can be adjusted on the mouse.

I have the software installed for my G5 so that I can fine tune the tracking speed.

As much as I love Logitech hardware, their software blows IMO. I like using the back button on the mouse as my PTT button, and for some reason, no matter what I did, it wouldn't let me use it for that in Steam games. Also, I like the free spinning scroll, and even with "always free spin", it would keep switching from one to the other.

Hopefully they fix it.

Have to use the software (logitech g5) to rebind certain things for playing MMOs and such. It does suck balls though.

Mouse software is universally crappy and pointless for me.

I especially despise that Microsoft remaps the middle click *by default* to some stupid expose-like function. Thanks MS, even your own browser's tab functions are 10x harder to use now.

You need to install Intellipoint to get that incredibly useful (you say stupid...) Expose like function.

I use Logitech Setpoint with my MX Revolution. On its own it's not that great, but with uberoptions, it's wonderful. Required, even, when playing games (specifically, MMOs).

To fully take advantage of the Logitech G9x I HAVE to use software, atleast to the point of installing the driver and firmware because of the 5.2 setpoint firmware which unlocks 700 extra DPI, from 5000 to 5700.

Back