Do you have a PERFECT 2005fpw/2405?

james111

Limp Gawd
First off, which of these two monitors do you have?
do it have ANY sort of backlighting leaking, or dead pixels?

and are you 100% satisfied with the monitor?

i would say my 2005fpw is perfect. No dead pixels that i can see, and i never notice any significant backlighting issues.

zerogt86 said:
i would say my 2005fpw is perfect. No dead pixels that i can see, and i never notice any significant backlighting issues.

Mine is the same. And I hope its the same with my 2nd one on the way!

Just got mine in today. 1 dead pixel and the bottom left corner is darker than the rest of the screen (back light issue).

Also, I can't seem to be able to play BF2 now that I installed it... Splash screen pops up, screens turns black and then goes back to windows. huh?

2405FPW yeah... I think I should return it and spend more money on a samsung 243T.

2005 - no dead pixels - problemis backlighting got worse over the 2 months i had it, then sold it.

is there a program you use to test the monitors? that shows dead pixels or what not? like how would you tell a non obvious problem exists enough to kow you have to rma?

My 2405 is Perfect!!!
I absolutely Love this thing, if you couldn't tell from all my post, and sig :D

I have a 2001fp, which is perfect, no backlighting issues, no dead pixels.

My 2005fpw is perfect, a couple of times after reading of backlight uniformity problems I thought I saw some problems, but then I always took a step back and realized it was just me being paranoid because of all you other people who are paranoid :mad: Stop saying all the 2005fpw have problems so I can enjoy my flawless display without second guessing it already.

1 dead pixel, and a little bit of extra back light in the upper corner, but i cant tell unless room lights are completely off and the screen is all black

My 2405 appears to be perfect.. can't see any dead pixels or backlighting issues

§ilent§cythe said:
Just got mine in today. 1 dead pixel and the bottom left corner is darker than the rest of the screen (back light issue).

Also, I can't seem to be able to play BF2 now that I installed it... Splash screen pops up, screens turns black and then goes back to windows. huh?

2405FPW yeah... I think I should return it and spend more money on a samsung 243T.

Upgrade your video card drivers.

One of my 2005's is perfect, the other has a slight backlight problem that's not noticeable enough to warrant a return. Neither have a single dead pixel.

Yay 2nd one came and it is perfect! It is a smidge clearer or brighter than my other one.

§ilent§cythe said:

On topic: My 2005FPW is perfect. No Issues at all

Off topic/in reply to above: Had the exact same problem. Goto /my documents/battlefield2/profile/0001/video.con
make a backup of that file, then delete the original. run battlefield. it's a bit distorted since the 2005FPWs resolution isn't supported by BF2 yet. I got mine running good though. PM me if you got any more problems.

bought 2405fpw here and i only got a minimal backlighting on the right bottom of the monitor.. cant even tell if that's backlighting or not.. almost to none.. and 100% 0 dead pixels using pixel buddy 10x times ;)

2405fpw here, no dead pixels but major backlighting leakage, the replacement is almost perfect except it emits a buzzing sound when on

no dead pixels, minor backlight bleeding. Didn't notice it until I started looking for it. Better than my Sony.

(1) Perfect 2005

My new one, I'm not so sure on. No dead pixels but the backlighting seems a little extreme. I'm going to try some of the classic maneuvers... leave it on overnight facedown, let it stay on for about a week. We'll see.

-Ash

pikawel said:
(1) Perfect 2005

My new one, I'm not so sure on. No dead pixels but the backlighting seems a little extreme. I'm going to try some of the classic maneuvers... leave it on overnight facedown, let it stay on for about a week. We'll see.

-Ash

Yeah my 2nd one that I just got is slightly tinted yellow or some shit.

2005fpw -
broken usb hub
broken s-vhs
backlight bleeding (corners are lila o_O)
-
no dead pixels
-

replacement on its way.

pikawel said:
(1) Perfect 2005

-Ash

what will this do? i have a bit of backlight bleeding when screen is all black, almost unnoticable on the desktop or in game

Man I must have gotten lucky. I ordered 2 when they had that killer sale. Both were perfect.

I also have 2 2001FP's and one is perfect, the other has one stuck on green pixel. It is near the edge, so its not a big deal or very noticible if the background is not black.

§ilent§cythe said:
You need to disable any refresh rate locks you have, whether it be reforce, powerstrip, or driver lock.

i have had 2 dell 17 inch monters, both great
today in the mail i got my 2005fpw. its perfect.

Not exactly perfect, but my 2405FPW does not have any dead/stuck pixels, nor does it whine.

Nitpicking, but there is a small area on the upper left corner that has some very (very very)slight backlight bleeding. It's only noticable when I use a blank screensaver or during the Windows boot-up splash screen.

Nothing I buy is "perfect". My replacement 2405FPW first appeared to have no dead pixels and no backlighting. After nearly two weeks, a weird speck appeared, not quite even with the pixels but about four pixels long and a bit over one wide...looks like a speck of dust behind the pixels. And I now have a bit of backlight bleeding. All-in-all its about as perfect as I've come to expect from a consumer good.

Is it just me or anyone else getting refurbished replacements? I'm on my third one and still not happy about it, this one has some very minor bleeding but it whines like a mofo, and it is revision A04 for what it's worth.

justin82 said:
what will this do? i have a bit of backlight bleeding when screen is all black, almost unnoticable on the desktop or in game

Supposedly helps to even it out. I don't remember what my other 2005 looked like when I first got it but it was certainly a huge step up from one originally sent to me (I did send back the first).

The one I just got has very noticable bleeding in all four corners... its actually quite absurd. I'll take a picture of the two side by side and throw it up here tomorrow.

boostieboy said:
Is it just me or anyone else getting refurbished replacements?
Outside the 28/30 day return period, you will get refurbished instead of new.

Back