Votes: 157 30.1%
  • Other - Explain Below

Votes: 32 6.1%

• Total voters

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Do You Have a Case on Your Smartphone?

Nope. Never needed one. Nexus 6 is big enough as it is. Don't need to make it bigger.

Otterbox commuter on all my phones. For the $40 I have saved my phones from countless fatal drops.

Even customized my last one:

lfHKYwP.jpg

nope, and my phone has dropped from my pocket a few times on the ground from sitting down in a truck.

Other - (I guess) Technically no I don't, but that's because I just got a new one less than a week ago, and I'd rather not pay the $20 for the plastic snap on crap that they probably got for 25 cents each. I am looking though.

Cheap phone, Samsung Galaxy Avant, any suggestions?

I like very slim form fitting cases with a rubberized surface for enhanced grip. I used to like the ifrogz cases but they kept splitting and availability was very poor on previous-year models when the case needed replacing. I currently have the official apple leather cases on both my phone and my wife's phone because I got a decent price on them, and except for the too-small access hole around the headphone jack we've been happy with them.

Yeah, but not sure which one, but it was about $50.00 from the Verizon store for my Note 4.

Smart phone? I don't own one, I just have a flip cell phone. Maybe one day I'll get a smart phone, but not right now.

I use a very basic TPU case to minimize damage and scratches. I resell and upgrade my phone every year, so I like to keep it in excellent condition for a higher resale value.

Yes I do have one, a Spigen Tough Armer on my Iphone 6+

I kinda hate it. The 6+ is very svelt on it's own, but in a case it an issue in my pocket. I find myself taking the phone out of the case while I am at work or not out and about.

On my old Note II I had a Samsung branded case that was terrible.

And on my Galaxy Captivate I never used a case, that thing was a tank and took years of abuse.

A cheap little $3 thing from China that wraps around the back and edges. It works wonderfully and is all that's needed.

Yeah, my Galaxy S6 is way too new to be running around with no case, but eventually I'll take it off.
I have currently have a Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal

Voted no, as I do not hve one. This is due to having an oddball BLU smartphone and cannot find a case for it. I would love one as screen cracking seems to run in my family....

Yup, I use some Evocel case on my Nexus 6 I got off Ebay for $20. I think it's a Spigen ripoff. I drop my phone entirely too much to not have a case on it.

No Case
No Screen Protector

I never drop my phone, I don't see how people do it so often. I had my IP5 for 2+ years now and it hasn't witnessed gravity for more than an inch in its life. Aside from paint wear on the edges where I hold it, no flaws at all. An alcohol wipe once a week is all I ever buy for my phone.

Only reason I upgraded to a 5 is because my 4 got killed by me getting pushed in a pool with it in my pocket. My current 5 will remain with me until the battery fails.

Never put cases on my phones, but I have one on order for my BlackBerry Classic. Just a basic matte slim case.

Reason being the textured back on the Classic doesn't work with my sticky mat in my car. Otherwise I wouldnt've got one.

Voted no.

I guess I've always been pretty lucky (knock on wood) and haven't had any fatal drops.

Though I have had a Droid Turbo now for a little while, and have dropped that phone. That thing is a beast though and suffered no ill consequences.

I have a zerolemon battery/case for my note3.. week long battery life is so worth it.

prior to this all my phones were naked however as i dont really need the protection because i am careful with my electronics.

Yes, but just because the camera on the S5's pokes out a little and scrapes on my desk. The case is really just to keep that from happening. I went with the least obnoxious and smallest one I could find.

I have a case on my N6...it's not that much bigger. If you're gonna have a phablet, you gotta be ok with the fact it's fucking huge.

I'm plenty fine with the size of the Nexus 6. Just don't need it any bigger. ;)

Plus I'm just very careful with my smartphones ($600+ investment deserves to be well taken care of). iPhone 3G, Droid, Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S 3, Nexus 5, Nexus 6. Never dropped one on anything but carpet. Never had any crack or get damaged in any way.

I don't like using a case but do it, nonetheless. The protection/peace of mind easily offsets the loss of feeling a sleek, slim phone in my hand. I've used a Body Glove DropSuit on all my iPhones (4, 5s, 6+).

Other - I don't have a smart phone. Instead I have my computers and an ancient flip phone.

I have both an Incipio Feather (just a plastic shell that provides some protection) and Dual Pro that has a rubber inner and plastic outer shell. I swap out depending on what I'm doing.

Yep. Incipio Edge for my iPhone 6 and a cheapo plastic screen cover.

No Case
No Screen Protector

I never drop my phone, I don't see how people do it so often. ...

... i dont really need the protection because i am careful with my electronics.

- I absolutely do need a case.
- My phone is nearly always on/near me.
- I have a forgetful mind so it is always sliding out of my lap.
- My Daughters are typically on it in the car because they forget to charge theirs.
- Hard wood floors and tiles, gravel and nonsense (just taught my youngest that face down on the rocks is not the best way to leave your phone while you are running around it playing tug of war with the dog).

Anyway, sure, treat your electronics carefully, but at some point they are tools and subject to abuse.

But different people have different needs / priorities.

I don't wash / wax and detail my car every week either.

Otterbox on everything. 30.00 is cheap compared to buying new devices.

Back