Do You Have a Case on Your Smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 332 63.7%
  • No

Votes: 157 30.1%
  • Other - Explain Below

Votes: 32 6.1%

• Total voters
Nope, I run naked. For some reason I took the seidio case off my old HTC EVO years ago and realized that my phone wasn't nearly as bulky and annoying as I thought it was.

Now I run a moto x with no case or screen protector and it's holding up just fine even after a dozen or so drops in the past year.

Galaxy S5. Using a Spigen case. These cases are thinner, less intrusive then Otterbox cases, just as durable, and half the price. This coming from from someone who has owned the commuter, defender, and armor series of Otterbox cases.

Screen protectors I have never liked and ripped them out of the Otterbox cases that had them.

I use the case really for resale value. The cleaner I can keep the phone from physical damage, the more I can get out of it when I go to sell it.

I use my phone entirely naked. No case, no screen protector. I once read a blog from a team of phone designers (sorry no source) their personal opinion being using a case is a mortal sin. They saying using the phone naked is how the designers intended it to be used.

My phone is the Galaxy Note 4.

Other

Device: Galaxy mega 6.3

My ZeroLemon 10000mah battery comes with and requires the use of the zerolemon case. That being said I had an otterbox on the phone prior to getting the extended battery and hated it.

Galaxy S4, never had a case on it. No appreciable damage just a few small nicks from minor drops.

I dont have anything against cases other than finding one that doesnt ruin the look of the phone while maintaining functionality and protection is hard.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I voted NO but I'm not against using a case to prevent scratching. I have only ever used Body Glove products in the past.

My Note 3 is naked because I don't 1) care about scratches and 2) the cases make the phone WAY too big.

Thanks for the heads up, I went with the polymer ring one. It's a good case, doesn't add much bulk and I haven't had any problems wirelessly charging with it.

A case feels like a must with the S6, the glass back makes it rather slippery.

Typically Samsung has put their antennas at the edge of the phone, much like Apple used to do prior to the 6/6+.

Thanks for the heads up, I went with the polymer ring one. It's a good case, doesn't add much bulk and I haven't had any problems wirelessly charging with it.

A case feels like a must with the S6, the glass back makes it rather slippery.

What wireless charger did you buy?

I use an otterbox defender when I go hiking etc outdoors. I use an UAG (urban armor gear) case for everyday. Between these two it pretty much serves all my needs though I might get an otterbox waterproof case for my next phone. Oregon has plenty of water to fall into.

s4_case_1_zpsd4f79803.jpg

s4_case_3_zpsbee2235c.jpg

s4_case_2_zps7607489f.jpg

iPhone 6 - Lifeproof Fre' - 64GB

Love this case! Taken it snowboarding, fishing (dropped on the ramp in a foot of water, no leaks) hiking, and a two year old bangs it around all the time. Works like a champ, for 70$ I consider it my insurance policy.

Bought the same one for my wife's 5S, be careful the finger print reader is very weak and will eventually wear out. Thank god for Apple's water-smart feature, it saved her phone.

Never been that keen on cases for mobile phones. However my experience with past mobiles has taught me shit happens. Having said that, the tech21 case and screen protector for my galaxy s5 are pretty decent. Both accessories have saved my phone on more than a few occasions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J3...C_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=tech+21+galaxy+s5
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J3...&dpID=41onaep9SOL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

The GF's phone (Sony xperia) on the other hand is completely screwed. Screen cracked and the display corrupted. I tried to convince her to get a case and screen protector for months. Does she listen to me, nope.
Now she's waiting for her plan to expire to get a new phone.
She's finally warming to the idea of a case tho still resistant to screen protection.
Women can be painfully stubborn at times :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nope - I treat them as tools to be used.

Worst case I'll just buy new back cover if previous one is too scratched.

Yup, use a slim TPU case on my Droid Turbo. TPU cases are all I've ever used. Durable, light, thin and protects the phone good enough.

Yes, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 today and put it inside and Otterbox case.

yes, but just something light for color and minor damage protection. Using a huge ottorbox or the like is just way too bulky for me.

Yes.

I tried to go without a screen protector, now I have scratches. So, from now only always case + screen protector.

Untitled by OEM+, on Flickr

Otterbox on everything. 30.00 is cheap compared to buying new devices.

Indeed, and most sub $10 cases are even cheaper and thinner while still providing more than enough protection and not being absurdly thick/large. My $8 Supcase on my M8 left my phone unscathed after being thrown from a roller coaster, another local fair ride, and slipping out of my hand into pavement a few times while holding too many things. Those things are just way overkill, IMO.

Back