do you guys think the new x1800xt sucks?

Wesley1357

Limp Gawd
i do. benchmarks all show it at 3rd, last place... this card sucks. do you agree?
and i was thinking about buying a 7800 gtx, what card maker do you guys recommend?
and is a new nvidia card coming soon??
thanks,
andre. :)

It reminds me of a last generation card with a (mere) 16 pixel pipelines. It still is a great performer, but not worth the money when you could get 2x7800GTs for about the same amount...
/Runs away before ATI fans kill me/

i like it but i like the XL better.......... better bang for the buck cuz of the o/c ability.

Theres nothing much in it between the 2 cards, both do a good job but in different games.

have you seen any other reviews??? it is on par with the 7800gtx most of the time...

it can also oc like heck and has better features...but it cost around $600 right? for that money id get the 7800gtx or probably sli 7800gt's.....

its not crap its pretty amazing but has one major flaw...cost

But why would one want to buy a $550--$600 ATI x1800XT when 2x7800GTs will out perform it for about the same cost?

old review, look for a newer one with newer drivers, is as fast as the gtx, i own both and i like the iq better on the ati one, that of course is objective, both of them oced the x1800xt is faster, however, is was a product that came way to late....

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
But why would one want to buy a $550--$600 ATI x1800XT when 2x7800GTs will out perform it for about the same cost?

i said id buy 2x7800gts......
but other people might buy the ati because theyre benchmark enthusiasts or theyre ati lovers or because of the new features....or rich people who know little about graphics cards would buy them.....

Newegg has the sapphire and connect3d xt for well under $600. So a $200 difference isn't out of the question at all.

Mayhs said:
i said id buy 2x7800gts......
but other people might buy the ati because theyre benchmark enthusiasts or theyre ati lovers or because of the new features....or rich people who know little about graphics cards would buy them.....

uh....or we dont have an sli board? and dont want to upgrade to one?............XL gets my vote

Theres no need for links... the GTX 512 750$ at the very few places where its actually available, while the 1800xt is 500-550 and going down fast..if you want go google it yourself.. the GTX 256 is still not bad if found at 400-450 and I agree that its hard to beat 2x GT SLI but thats another matter

The X1800XT certainly does not suck. It is amazing, with the new drivers it's giving the 512 GTX a run for the money. Speaking of money, it's cheaper than the 512 GTX to boot. The X1800XT is definatly worth conidering if you want high end this card gen.

I was dissapointed with the X1800XT but with the hype that surrounded it I doubt it could have ever satisfied me. The X1800XT is no poor performer and if you base that off DOOM3 you might as well kiss ATi goodbye. I feel that its core is amazing in term of new tech but I can just hope the R580 will take that tech and fly.

I don't think it sucks, but 2*7800GT's is they way to go, especially for the price. I wish I would have gone that route instead of 2*7800GTX's. Oh well, I got them now so I will use them and probably will get the nVidia or ATi refesh when they come out in spring. Man, I gotta quite buying computer shit that I don't need and start saving for the NSX I want :D.

contaminant said:
The X1800XT certainly does not suck. It is amazing, with the new drivers it's giving the 512 GTX a run for the money. Speaking of money, it's cheaper than the 512 GTX to boot. The X1800XT is definatly worth conidering if you want high end this card gen.

People shouldn't really use the 512 GTX's price to make it seem as if the X1800XT is relatively heap. Everybody knows additional memory gives only marginal performance gains unless the quantity of memory on the card is actually a limiting factor. (Think 128 MB GeForce 6800's versus 256 GeForce 6800's. The 256 meg ones cost almost the same as the 6800 GT, but didn't perform nearly as well)

Just for the record, several places are selling the X1800XTs in the $520-530 range, and eWiz has the OEM for $485. I'd hit it. :eek:

I'd say go with the 1800xt. Not only do you get better IQ but there are some cases where SLI either does not work with a game, or does not provide that much of a gain, where as the 1800xt always will...

I wouldn´t buy any of the new x1800 models just based off heat and noise alone.

Link

A 12 db difference in noise level is something to SERIOUSLY take into consideration.

-wil

485 for an XT is considerably cheaper than any two 7800gt cards.
Seriously a nice price. The XL is a better bargain. Same argument as the gt vs gtx.
I think debut r580 will be quite pricey >/=700$ so that's a different market segment.

512mb vram will be required for maximum graphics fidelity with unreal engine 3. A consideration if you don't upgrade every year.

josanai said:
I don't think it sucks, but 2*7800GT's is they way to go, especially for the price. I wish I would have gone that route instead of 2*7800GTX's. Oh well, I got them now so I will use them and probably will get the nVidia or ATi refesh when they come out in spring. Man, I gotta quite buying computer shit that I don't need and start saving for the NSX I want :D.

Heh..Honda NSX.....theyve stopped production of that so you best saye up quickly :p

for $485 the x1800xt is a steal but were talking about the 512 meg one right? is that $485?

OP: Hi guys! I'm a troll and posted this never having any intention anyway to buy it. :rolleyes:

the x1800xt is an awesome card

pigwalk said:
I wouldn´t buy any of the new x1800 models just based off heat and noise alone.

Link

A 12 db difference in noise level is something to SERIOUSLY take into consideration.

-wil

Honestly I was worried about this when i bought it, but I can confirm it's not loud at all...granted I have a well ventilated case so maybe the fan never really needs to go up.

When i turned on the computer though, it was loud and scared me...but that's just the intitial startup...never hear it again.

same with the x850xt pe and people were saying that the fan was too loud...you just hear it once at start up then you cant hear it...

generally when your on your computer and your fan is at 100% your playing a game so you cant hear it anyways

zipzoomfly has the sapphire for $515 w/2 day shipping. It also says the warranty is 2 years? I thought it was only 1?

Mayhs said:
Heh..Honda NSX.....theyve stopped production of that so you best saye up quickly :p

for $485 the x1800xt is a steal but were talking about the 512 meg one right? is that $485?

they've stopped producing current gens to make way for the next gen of NSX's =p 5l v10!!!
or something big ill look for the link

Mayhs said:
generally when your on your computer and your fan is at 100% your playing a game so you cant hear it anyways

Yeah seriously, if you have a card that powerful, you will be gaming on it. When you are gaming, you should have the volume up pretty high, either if its headphones or speakers, and enjoy the game, and not going, "oh man my X1800 XT is getting to loud and hot!!!!"

As for which one to get, its all a matter of preference IMO. Both are great performers, and give great performance. IMO opnion, if you are going to get a high end card and price isnt really an issue, I would with the X1800 XT. Thats just me.

... $599!
i saw and i don't like that price (i don't have that money now).
why do they sell a x850xtpe for $599 and the x1800xt for same price i am curious?

Wesley1357 said:
... $599!
i saw and i don't like that price (i don't have that money now).
why do they sell a x850xtpe for $599 and the x1800xt for same price i am curious?

cause some people aren't very good at finding the best prices (example: you) and you can sell videocards for whatever price you want.

Back