do you guys still use air can to spray clean the case or you use compressor?

but the Husky spec. said:

so by comparison, you're saying the Oil lubricated pump is better than the oil free pump then?

==================

I need a compressor for 2 reasons:

1) on rare occasion, pump the car tires

2) Spray clean dust of old PC, that's easily and realistically a few min., depends on how much dust is in it. I can do 5 min. per PC. But I don't use it daily. About a few PC a month. But not every month. However, I still need a compressor that can do that 5 min. job just like a can of air did in the past many years. I stop buying air can when my wholesaler told me all his clients now own air compressor instead of buying air can from him

"Oil free pump allows for spray painting without the need for oil separators in the air system" is a twist from the marketing team.. With an oil lubricated pump, they run much cooler and longer. You 'might' get a hint of oil out of a totally worn out compressor pump, however water in a compressor is far more common.. The oil free pumps run much hotter, so they get a ton more water in the system in comparison... Now the water will only appear after a prolonged use where the compressor head is constantly running and/ or you have not drained the water out of the tank. With your expected uses, you will never see water..

Either can work for you. If you regulate to 40 PSI, you'll get a long time out of a 20 gallon tank. And a full tank should fill 4 soft car tires

I have to look these puppies up, because it's always a PITA to drag the ole PC out to the Garage and use the compressor.

good point. I almost forgot about that. The clients PC I can do it at the garage. But my own PC is too heavy, and I can't drag a compressor that big to the inside of my house. So I suppose I still need 1 can of air.

My other problem is, I have a very hard time pumping car tires that is low at -10 deg. C outdoor at gas station, so I need a compressor regardless so I can do it indoor inside my garage

but how does it generates the air? how do they blow air out indefinitely?
It's like the reverse of a PC vacuum. Like space-balls, switching from suck to blow... lol.
url

"Oil free pump allows for spray painting without the need for oil separators in the air system" is a twist from the marketing team.. With an oil lubricated pump, they run much cooler and longer. You 'might' get a hint of oil out of a totally worn out compressor pump, however water in a compressor is far more common.. The oil free pumps run much hotter, so they get a ton more water in the system in comparison... Now the water will only appear after a prolonged use where the compressor head is constantly running and/ or you have not drained the water out of the tank. With your expected uses, you will never see water..

Either can work for you. If you regulate to 40 PSI, you'll get a long time out of a 20 gallon tank. And a full tank should fill 4 soft car tires

Matt:

I just came back from 2 hardware stores that was having the special sale on those compressor. I definitely is not going to touch the Makita. That compressor is made in Taiwan. And here's the part I can't stand:

I can get this brand Craftman for $149 that is made in USA. So for $200 more, I expect it to be made in USA. As I have a lot of problems of other junk made in Taiwan w/ 1 yr. warranty

https://www.amazon.com/CRAFTSMAN-CM...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Anyhoo, I got the input from the 2 salesman at 2 different hardware store

i) first salesman is a 25+ yr. old salesman, not at that dept., not a compressor dept. salesman, and he said I shouldn't use oil based air compressor, because he said the compressor can spray out a mixture of oil + air, and it will damage the PC w/ the oil all over.

ii) 2nd salesman at the 2nd store appears to be more knowledgeable:

1) he said any compressor can spray a mix oil + water, just spray in midair the first 15 sec. to spread out whatever is inside

2) he said w/ an air can, it only gives 5 psi at the most, so anything higher than 5 psi will do, and he said the Craftman 6 gallon (above) should do 5 min. of non-contineous usage to clean a PC, and it can easily pump car tires

this is the complete spec.

https://www.craftsman.com/products/6-gal-air-compressor?taxon_id=6663

so I'm tempted to buy this and try out for a few days. But what do you think? would this compressor do it for cleaning PC ?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't expect the Craftsmen to be made in the USA. It's at least assembled in the USA though. Craftsmen was always Devilbiss in the Sears days, but Black And Decker bought the name. It's still nice reasonable stuff. Will do what you want

update: I ends up buying the Craftman from Lowes, it's made in USA. Lowes sometimes have it for sale w/ a deep discount. I try it w/ an air gun today to clean a reuseable metal furance filter (toxbox), there is sufficent air to clean a handful of minutes. I'm very happy w/ this compressor

the drain comes loose, which is strange, so I have to tighten it to use the unit. That's my own beef w/ this compressor.

Back