Do you buy Season Passes for the games you buy/own?

Do you buy a Season Pass for the games you buy or own?

• Total voters
I play too many games to waste money on waiting for bullshit like this. No, never.
The concept needs to die. How this is not seen as just plain greedy is beyond me. Especially for day one purchases.

The people who do buy Season Passes day one will tell you it's because they're 'hardcore' fans who will get the most out of it.

In truth, it's a shamefully greedy process that lures fans of a series to invest even more money than they already have in the base game, and they constitute this as a real "deal".

I'm not saying it's the gamers fault for throwing down more money for DLC, they see value in it go right ahead. But companys that do this earn their reputation as greedy fucks regurgitating the same bullshit game every year AKA EA.

I wish many of you wouldnt give in to the "extra" content BS that they sell you on. You are basically being charged for items/maps that werent included in the game orginally. Its awful buisness practice for the consumer

The people who do buy Season Passes day one will tell you it's because they're 'hardcore' fans who will get the most out of it.

In truth, it's a shamefully greedy process that lures fans of a series to invest even more money than they already have in the base game, and they constitute this as a real "deal".

I'm not saying it's the gamers fault for throwing down more money for DLC, they see value in it go right ahead. But companys that do this earn their reputation as greedy fucks regurgitating the same bullshit game every year AKA EA.

You maybe get a $5-$10 discount for buying the season pass over individual

That's why I buy episodic content when all of the content is released. At least I do now after a few companies dropped the ball with their episodic BS.
Yeah, I'm typically the same, even TV series I usually wait until the end before watching them. TWD was the only episodic game I've bought at the beginning of the season, and it certainly wasn't a bad game. I might have been suckered by reading that the release schedule was going to be faster than it actually was. I'm sure I'll buy TWD season 2, but not until it's all released or at least very close to the end of the season.
I wish many of you wouldnt give in to the "extra" content BS that they sell you on. You are basically being charged for items/maps that werent included in the game orginally. Its awful buisness practice for the consumer
I do think the lines are becoming increasingly blurred and it's not as black and white what is good and bad for the consumer. When it's just a big publisher who could have given you all that content up front anyway, yeah, it's bad. When it's a studio that doesn't have a lot of money and has ambition bigger than their wallets allow OR it genuinely gives you much more content than you'd typically expect from a single game, I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea.

I don't really see the difference between a season pass and DLC, while I don't like DLC for most games, I don't mind what Bethesda does with the Fallout/TES games. If they released a game with a season pass, I'd wouldn't be opposed to buying it. Granted, I still probably would just wait until all the content is out and buy it then, because I'm a bit ADD when it comes to games, if I try and spread playing a game over several months I just lose interest.

I'm always "done" with a game by the time DLC comes out, so I never buy it unless I didn't play the game at launch and it's on sale as a bundle.

Back