Do Xeons/Opterons OC well?

Evil Scooter

Supreme [H]ardness
WOW!! AWsome scores!

Thanks and sorry for the later reply... took the long holiday off :). Here is a pic of my Xeon/Koolance setup..

Koolance%20Xeon%20Home.jpg

Originally posted by Evil Scooter
Thanks and sorry for the later reply... took the long holiday off :). Here is a pic of my Xeon/Koolance setup..

where did you stuff the radiator?

The RAd is on top of the box, comes stock like that on all Koolance PC cases.

Originally posted by Evil Scooter
The RAd is on top of the box, comes stock like that on all Koolance PC cases.

ah yes, totally forgot about that :) how are the temps? I'm assuming you're using the dpi533 from the fsb?

ah yes, totally forgot about that how are the temps? I'm assuming you're using the dpi533 from the fsb?

Yes, I am using the IWill DPI533-SATA. The downside of the IWill is the temp monitoring sux. This is a known issue and IWill seems to be doing little to remedy the situation. Even when I run my CPU's at 3.6Ghz for hours the BIOS reports the temps under 100f, just not possible. At a guess based on my other duallies and the exhause temps I'd say the run about 51~53c under load.

Well, I can only say for the Xeons as I don't have a dual Opteron rig, yet... ;) I've a pair of 2.4GHz 400MHz doing 3.06GHz (23x133) and a pair of 2.2GHz 400MHz doing 2.93GHz (22x133). Both of them are using Iwill's DPI533. My other pair of 2.4GHz 533MHz are using a Supermicro X5DAL-G which can't be adjusted... I'm thinking of moving my pair of 2.2GHz 400MHz over to the Supermicro and see how far I can push the pair of 2.4GHz 533 on the Iwill... ;)

Back