Do we still have a XFX rep floating around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
I think my GTR RX480 BE is going to be heading in which isn't even 3 months old if I remember correctly. (I haven't even gotten the MIR back yet) With all the miners sucking up stock everywhere I'm wondering if they even have stock to replace legit customers cards. Also interested in what kind of turn around time I'm looking at with all the stock suck up.

Last edited:
Sure do! XFXSupport has been really good to me for a few RMAs.
Thanks will keep it noted. Do you just message them vs filing an rma on the xfx page?
Been going through hell and put the gpu back in this morning after 48 hrs straight of no problems. Have streamed about 6 episodes of The Wheel to our living room and it locked up again. So going to run DDU one more freakin time and then reinstall the newest drivers even though they aren't WHQL which is the only ones I haven't tried yet and if it craps out again I'm just going to have to point the finger at the gpu since it's been fine with the card out for so long.

Thanks will keep it noted. Do you just message them vs filing an rma on the xfx page?
Been going through hell and put the gpu back in this morning after 48 hrs straight of no problems. Have streamed about 6 episodes of The Wheel to our living room and it locked up again. So going to run DDU one more freakin time and then reinstall the newest drivers even though they aren't WHQL which is the only ones I haven't tried yet and if it craps out again I'm just going to have to point the finger at the gpu since it's been fine with the card out for so long.
Both. First file an RMA on xfxsupport.com so that he has a ticket # to work with.

Reactions: scgt1
like this
Well 17.5.2 didn't fix it either. Get 19.49 into a show and hard lock, black screen on my 65", off white on my 27", and stuck audio again. Guess it's rma time.

I ran DDU one more time and reinstalled 17.5.2 to try one more time before I submit a ticket. Don't want to create an rma for something that may not be. Although after all this testing I'm pretty sure the card has issues. Will let you know though.

standing by for ticket #
Well message sent. Seems it doesn't matter which driver is installed it still will randomly hard lock the computer within a 12 hour period. I've had the card out on my desk and back with onboard for the billionth time and it's running just fine for 24 hours. As soon as the gpu is reinstalled whether or not DDU is ran and a different driver is installed it will just hard lock within a 12 hour window. I think two nights ago we were 2-3 shows in and it locked again. So out it went again and it's been up and running just fine with onboard and no issues.

Unfortunately I got to strolling through the Newegg reviews for this card yesterday morning and it seems this is becoming a widespread issue with this card. Much of those hard lock reports are about the same ownership time frame as I've had mine before issues are present. Hopefully XFX is aware of what the issue is and has a proper fix in order. :-(

random crashing under 2d or light 3d load isn't a known issue. Sounds like some instability in your build. Try swapping video cards to confirm my suspcision, or have it RMA'd to be tested here.

Never owned an XFX product before but I will definitely be looking at you guys for my next build after seeing the support offered in this thread! Good on ya

Well it ran perfectly fine with on-board again for 3 days since sometime Tuesday afternoon. I had a wild hair and reinstalled it again after running DDU last night with safemode and to shut down to install new card. I tried the newest 17.6.1 drivers that were just released. I ran Heaven and Valley benchmarks with max settings and was in the process of downloading Superposition and it kept failing the download right at the end so I went to bed. When I went to bed I powered off my desktop monitor like I always do and the only thing open was Firefox, AirVPN, Afterburner, Eset SS, CAM, Steam, Corsair Engine Utility, JRiver Media Center, Samsung Magician, MSI Fastboot, Malwarebytes, Radeon Settings, Canon Network Scanner Selector, and the Realtech HD audio control panel. All these were just in the background like they always are aside from an open Firefox browser window.

When I powered on the desktop monitor I got no signal and an orange light. I powered on my living room tv and I had the solid black screen. Checked my keyboard and mouse with no response. I then hit the reset button on the tower and nothing. Again with the gpu installed I had to hard reset it. So this time it crashed out without even running anything out of the norm. So 3 days fully functional without the gpu installed. Then install the gpu and here we go again.........

The whole system instability mention really seems unwarranted when the part of the puzzle that keeps causing the issue is the gpu. I've used the following drivers and each have caused this issue only with the gpu installed:
17.2.1 WHQL
17.1.2 WHQL

I'm sure it's unheard of for a gpu to crap out with minimal pressure put upon it but there is just a single common denominator in this equation. I'm going to move a step further in this and test the second PCI-E slot although it will only run in 8X mode. I just have to pull my HUE+ for it to fit which that junk is coming out anyway. Poor lifespan of led strips and month+ turn around for getting replacements which should be here today or Monday.

The final test after trying the second pci-e slot is to remove the B150M Mortar Arctic and install the new Asus Z270G I just got in yesterday. This will rule out the board all together which I believe is complete and total overkill. I could also install the RX480 into my fiances pc but it's not setup to stream and I may not be able to reproduce the results with it. Although it did crash out last night sitting idle on the desktop. Not sure if I mentioned it above in a previous post but I've ruled out the PSU with installing a brand new EVGA 450B to still have this issue.

So off to remove the Hue+ and move the RX480 down to the other pcie slot.

Actually I can't install the gpu to the second slot on my board.
"the PCI_E3 slot will be disabled when a M.2 PCIe module is installed in M.2(M2_1)slot

My OS is on a 950 PRO in the m2_1 slot. So scratch that. I guess I'll pull the gpu and put it in my fiances pc and just play a movie on it or something to see if it locks also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back