Do we need a receipt to claim Evga's warranty

madgun

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering whether we required an original receipt to claim Evga's warranty for a 9800GX2. I haven't registered the card yet but I misplaced the receipt in all the excitement :/

All you need is the s/n to register your card. Better do it quick because I believe there is only a 30 day period after you buy the card to register it for warrenty.

The receipt is needed to verify the purchase from an authorized vendor or something like that.

Ok i looked it up.

All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)

Actually step up doesnt state any amount of time for registration. The 30 day thing is only for the lifetime warranty. But yes you will need to upload a copy of the receipt if you put in for an RMA to verify it was sold by a qualified vendor.

I was wondering whether we required an original receipt to claim Evga's warranty for a 9800GX2. I haven't registered the card yet but I misplaced the receipt in all the excitement :/

one question, where did you buy it and was it new or used?

Back