Do we have a Gigabyte rep here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Turned on my main rig after getting home from work and I'm greeted with a screen with thousands of tiny red pixels all over the place. Pretty sure the GPU is on it's last leg. The problem is I bought this GPU on 11/23/2010, just a few weeks past the 3 year warranty. :(

Is there anything I can do?

And Gigabyte's site being down isn't helping either.

edit
Finally got their site to load. It says I am under warranty until 1/06/2014 so I started the RMA process. Then on that page it says my product is out of warranty. What gives?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after emailing them I finally got the RMA approved. Sending it off. No idea what to expect since they don't make a 470 GTX anymore.

Well after emailing them I finally got the RMA approved. Sending it off. No idea what to expect since they don't make a 470 GTX anymore.

They should have a decent inventory of old cards on hand. I replaced a 9800 gtx a few years ago and the other company sent me a new one even though they had stopped making it for a few years already. You may get lucky though and get the next model up. GL!

Why would I buy a used video card for my main rig? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a warranty in the first place. :rolleyes:

Well.....

If you can buy a well treated used 600 series GPU, it would be a better card than getting back a used/refurbished GTX 470 RMA from Gigabyte for free. If the used card is the correct brand it will have a warranty perhaps still on it from the original purchase

I would bet you will get a better grade card back, 500 or 600 series, but it won't be new either and it might have 90 days of warranty since your card is EOL.

You're lucky Gigabyte was generous, often times it's cut and dry and I bet most manufacturers wouldn't do it.

I'm impressed Gigabyte!

You're lucky Gigabyte was generous, often times it's cut and dry and I bet most manufacturers wouldn't do it.

I'm impressed Gigabyte!

Impressed about what? They've haven't done anything yet.

Impressed about what? They've haven't done anything yet.

I thought you said you had a card which the warranty had expired, then later you said you got an RMA approved (despite the warranty expiration) so I thought they had agreed to do it despite the expiration. Now I see the edited OP that it had a warranty for a bit longer, which I either missed, or you added later, in which case it's not as special as I thought.

Well they've had my card since the middle of last week and I still have not heard a word from them. Checking the RMA status via their web site claims that they're still waiting on it. Yet UPS claims it was delivered last week. Getting a bit unhappy on how long this is taking.

Well they've had my card since the middle of last week and I still have not heard a word from them. Checking the RMA status via their web site claims that they're still waiting on it. Yet UPS claims it was delivered last week. Getting a bit unhappy on how long this is taking.

It's often been the case for me that RMA's sit on "waiting for [object]" and then just switch over to "replacement shipped to customer". Hopefully it's the same case for you! :)

I hope so too. I'm gonna give them a few more days before I call them. My shipment was delayed due to Cristmas and New Years, so maybe they've been busy with back orders or something.

Well they still have it. They updated the RMA status the day after the above post saying it was denied warranty work. I sent them an email asking what the deal was but they told me it was a bug in their system. Now it's reporting that my card is being repaired.

I sure wish this process would have been a lot quicker. Getting close to being an entire month without my main PC.

Well supposedly they repaired the card and have shipped it back to me. Should be here Friday.

Last time I had a motherboard repaired it took around three weeks, for what it is worth. Glad to see it is coming back your way though :)

Back