Do USB-C docks have enough bandwidth for HDMI/Displayport monitors and everything else?

I am planning on getting an HP spectre x360 laptop that has no video out ports and just two usb-c ports. HP only sells dongles that convert to one port like HDMI or displayport and do nothing else, unlike the multiport dock/adapter Apple has. So in search of an aftermarket dock, I head over to amazon to see whats available. There are many many docks/adapters like the Apple one, some with even more ports, but they all seem to universally have polarized mixed reviews. Some can't have both display and data running simultaneously. Others the video ports don't even work at all, or just flicker and die after a while. Mentions of sporadic USB speeds and intermittent disconnects. All that random stuff. Which really makes me wonder what little else I can do when connected to a 1440p 60hz display. Do I dare plug in a hard drive or connect my ethernet and transfer some large files? Or hope peripherals get a constant uninterrupted connection for gaming? I also am unsure about powering the laptop and other usb devices simultaneously from a usb-c dock, whether there's a risk of damage.

as long as you use HP docks, no product damage should happen that is not covered by warranty.

that said, USB-0C docks have been a hit and miss pretty much all the time. The only dock i am aware that has been tested and proved capable of driving 2 1440p displays plus external hard drives is the surface dock which uses a proprietary connector.
Dell docks are terrible, incapable of working properly even with dell hardware and the same can be said of no brand docks most of the time. at least you have 2 usb-c, because single function adapters have less issues than multi docks.
I theory usb-c should have both bandwith and power to meet your needs, in practice, it is a " only buy if you are 200% sure it will work" situation.

Back