Do these temperatures look ok with my new vf 900?

mtbaird

Gawd
I put a vf 900 on my 6800gt just now.

Im running with the fan mate all the way down, so its running at the slowest setting.

Idle is 51-52C and Load is 61-63C. These seem high to me, but they dont seem dangerous at all.

I used the stock zalman paste they gave me and spread it out as good as i could, which was pretty shitty. For some reason it wouldnt smooth as well as i thought it would.

Aight. SOooooo how do these temps look compared to what others are getting.

(its not OCed btw)

Ambient temp?

AGP?

I have an AGP 6800nu that gets up to 70C with a vf-700. Those temps look great to me!

Pics of the card with the 900 please?

Also, did you see what temps you had before the swap?

Yea its AGP.

Hmm im pretty sure they were up at 65-70 at load, so they've for sure gone down.

I dont have a digi cam so i couldnt get any pics of the cooler on the card. Its badass for sure.

My computer is soooo quiet now. Its got a CNPS7000-AlCu and now the vf 900, plus a passive northbridge cooler. I can barely hear it. Yahoo

Almost the same exact temps at load, 62C and 35C idle at lowest fan speed.

my card in my sig has the same cooler and i get 39 idle with 81.5farenheit ambient temps and about 45 load, the cards are about on the same level, idk maybe the 6800 just produces more heat

I would crank that fan up some, those zalmans are so quiet, even turned up

I have 2 of them on my crossfire rig, both fans maxed and sit @43-45c idle and 57c load

Dunan said:
I would crank that fan up some, those zalmans are so quiet, even turned up

I have 2 of them on my crossfire rig, both fans maxed and sit @43-45c idle and 57c load
lowers temps about 4 degrees

You need to have good airflow flowing around the video card. I have a 120mm fan blowing right into my two 7900gt's w/ vf900. I noticed that when i take the fan out my temps go up almost 10c. I have a lian li case so airflow is not a problem. but i guess if there's not a good airlfow around those heatsinks it's just recyling hot air around that area.

Back