Do there 5 year old parts seem okay still? Should I upgrade my loop? Going to 3930K

crewxp

Limp Gawd
Hey. I'm upgrading my rig right now and was curious as to if I should spend the extra cash to re-do my loop as well. I'm worried that my pump isn't as strong as current pumps and if it is more beneficial to spend the extra $300 to upgrade my loop as well.

Are my parts still sufficient to handle my new build?

Current Watercooling Parts:
Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump
Swiftech 7/16" Tubing
6x Yate Loon 120mm Fans
Swiftech Radiator MCR320 Quiet Power Series - Triple 120mm (MCR320-QP-K)
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO REV 2 Reservoir

New Watercooled Hardware:
1x i7-3930K
2x GTX 670
1x Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard (Possibly? Worth it?)

Old Watercooled Hardware:
1x i7-920 Processor
2x HD4870

Yes, the 655 is still a good pump. You might want to consider dual loops though. The rule of thumb (according to the guys at Danger Den) is that you want 1x120mm of radiator space per heat source. Your temps would likely be not very good with two cards in SLI and a cpu + mobo on your water loop.

Hmm. Not sure I have enough room for two loops lol.

If I did not include the motherboard in my setup, do you think it would still be alright?

You'll be fine. The mobo is negligible at best, and the 670s put off less heat then your 4870s.

I didn't even think about the part about using less video card heat.

Just wanted to make sure my pump was still alright and a 4 year old radiator could still function properly.

Still on the fence about the $130 motherboard block

As long as everything is clean and not in disrepair, I'd think it would function fine.

yeah. I don't wash it as much as I should, but I change the water maybe twice a year. And I make sure it's always full (because it evaporates).

I only use Distilled water in my loop.

Back