Do SD card start to not be recognized by tablets when they get full Or when lots of files are swapped around

peppergomez

2[H]4U
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 plus tablet and have the internal storage and a 1tb SD card.
The SD card is fairly full and I was swapping some files back-and-forth Between the internal storage and the SD card. The SD card is now not recognized by the system.

I've opened the tray Taken it out reseated ed it and booted backup up and it's still not recognized.

Do they start becoming unreliable when they get full? Or if there's lots of files swapping?

Any suggestions on how I can get the thing to get recognized again? It is encrypted but I don't know if that matters.

The card is maybe about a year old and I use it a fair amount.

If by using ypu mean swapping filesBetween internal and external storage adding deleting and such

You have backups right?
Of course it's not data loss I'm worried about just wondering why the card is not recognized sometimes.

I took it out and put it back in and rebooted the tablet and then it was recognized again. My question is just to figure out why this flakey behavior happened sometimes

Just checking, far too many people do not ever think about backing up their phones and its content cause it "just works"..until it doesnt and they lose a life time of pictures....
Hard to say really - I mean you could clean it off entirely, format it again clean and then try moving it back and forth between devices and seeing if it picks up fine?

Back