Do people still play W:ET?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
Such a solid game that was, what are the servers like right now? Can you normally find decently filled servers or is the game essentially out of commission now?

My rig has issues with the game so I don't play it as much as I'd like, but when I'm really bored I take the effort to get it to run even if it's just for a half hour. There were plenty of servers last I looked, but most use custom maps and mods now though.

Last time I played there were a lot of servers, but many populated by bots. Still quite a big community behind it though.

I play it now and then. I used to be very very good at it when I played it daily.
There are servers out there that still populate
/connect whosgaming.com :)

The game is best with mods and custom maps. There are a lot of good finalized custom maps.
Mods do things like extended XP save and carry over level 4 class skill abilities to any class you use. Such as use adrenaline as an engineer or have flak jacket as a medic. Type that command in the console and you'll probably get all this custom stuff to download. The server also has bullet gravity, so aim a little higher. Also don't be discouraged by the cortex map in the house, I don't know why they loop that, but the other custom maps are great.

I play it now and then. I used to be very very good at it when I played it daily.
There are servers out there that still populate
/connect whosgaming.com :)

The game is best with mods and custom maps. There are a lot of good finalized custom maps.
Mods do things like extended XP save and carry over level 4 class skill abilities to any class you use. Such as use adrenaline as an engineer or have flak jacket as a medic. Type that command in the console and you'll probably get all this custom stuff to download. The server also has bullet gravity, so aim a little higher. Also don't be discouraged by the cortex map in the house, I don't know why they loop that, but the other custom maps are great.

Last time I tried to play it I found the modded-ness of the game to be a turnoff. It's one of those things that benefits the longtime players of the game, but pretty much stonewalls all but the most dedicated new players (or in my case, returning player) from playing the game.

What? The mods aren't really noticable on whosgaming. It's gameplay tweaks, not total conversion.

Wish my current rig would run the game. Most fun i ever had in a multiplayer FPS was W:ET.

I started playing this right when it came out in 2003. Six years later and I'm still playing it. :cool:

I'm past my prime on it though...at least with the thompson/mp40. I used to be really good at it a couple of years ago when I played it the most. Running around mowing people down with an smg stays exciting only for so long... So I started to get bored and not play as much. Then my smg skills went bye-bye. :(

Now when I play, I don't use smg. I try to use whatever unorthodox means that I can to take down opponents.

Knifing a medic in the face while he's reloading during a firefight?.........................................check

Jumping in a medic's face and mowing them down with an MG42 without using the bipod?.....check

Darting around the map and sniping with lightning fast reflexes at extremely close ranges?......check

In fact...now I'm more deadly with a sniper than I ever was with an smg. Since scoped mode does so much damage compared to non-scoped mode with the garand/k43, I've learned to use it even in close range fights. :D I get accused of hacking a lot when I take someone down with 2 shots in 1 second at 10 feet. :D

One time I got a score of 117-2 with nothing but a garand in scoped mode on MLB Daybreak...

I've found new life in this game as a rambo sniper. :D

I tend to play W:ET and QW:ET quite a bit still. I never have gotten to doing many of the newer games since I was using a very old box for a long time.

The only thing I wish QW:ET had was more maps. Unfortunately I while there is a still a fair community interest in the game still there is nothing coming support wise per say from Splash Damage.

the day QW:ET came out i quit playing W:ET.. havent played it since.. and even before QW:ET i had tons of issues with the game and my 8800GT so i just lost interest in it.. not to mention its very easy to take advantage of glitches in the game.. 110 view.. max frame rate 132.. 4+ years of playing that game got boring quick..

G_K check out the unranked servers.. most of those run custom maps..

Last edited:
IS QW:ET any good?

yeah it is.. much more mature group of players.. not as many players as W:ET has but you also dont have a bunch of whining little bratty kids on VOIP for QW:ET.. not to mention you can buy the game in the bargain bin at most stores for 5 bucks now.. since the price dropped the games got its second wind.. a lot of new players have come in.. the down fall to the game is that its been the same maps on the ranked servers since the beginning.. they were planning to release new maps for it a long time ago.. but that idea got scrapped because the sales were so low for the game which is sad since its a very good game and looks damn good on top of that. also the game is very objective/team based.. if you dont like playing as a team then QW:ET isnt the game for you.. you can not rambo in this game and try to win.. its impossible...

Hmn... I remember spending hours on ND80 - Grotto server.

Pickup games were very fun. Pubs degenerated pretty fast.

I would say when ETpro came out and few months after that, it was on its best. Now.... meh. Too many bots, too many cheaters, not enough actual good players.

Back