Do people here remove the tab on a phone case that guards the headphone jack?

biggles

2[H]4U
My phone has this and it only seems to get in the way. Before chopping it off for good I thought it would be wise to ask for an opinion.

What is your phone’s IP rating? Clearly if a phone case has a headphone port blocked, it’s likely a water resistant case. I would just like to point out that an ip68 phone with an ip68 case is still just ip68 rated... that’s all. If the case has a stronger rating, then why the heck do you have that case if you don’t care about water resistance?

Yes. But for the charger cover as I don't use headphones often. I don't need ip68, just enjoyed the extra drop protection a solid case offered.

What is your phone’s IP rating? Clearly if a phone case has a headphone port blocked, it’s likely a water resistant case. I would just like to point out that an ip68 phone with an ip68 case is still just ip68 rated... that’s all. If the case has a stronger rating, then why the heck do you have that case if you don’t care about water resistance?
The phone is the LG V35, which has an ip68 rating. Mostly the tab is a problem in the car. It is hard to insert the charger into the port while driving since you need 2 hands. It would be easier with that tab out of the way. I actually thought the tab's purpose was to keep pocket lint out of the charging port.

What headphone jack? :p

I would definitely cut that off if it's interfering with how you use the phone at all, esp. if it's IP rated anyways.

Back