Do not purchase from member Tehpwnzah

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger608

Supreme [H]ardness
First let me start by explaining a couple of things. Tehpwnzah had posted in another thread from a [H] member about having an old 8800GTX video card if the other member was interested. Fine, the other member did not show any interest, so I PM'd Tehpwnzah wanting to know if it was still available. It was, so we agreed on a payment shipped of $55 for the 8800GTX. Great, found out his or her PayPal information, Email information, and so on.

Now of course I was excited, as I am putting an old S939 system together with my 8 year old grandson and already had a good 8800GTX. This was great, I could get a second one, and him and I could put together a nice little first PC with a set of awesome 8800GTX's in SLi:p My grandson is sooooo interested in PC's, so this was going to be awesome for him and me as well.

Well, made the payment (not gifted:p), and for a few days he kept in contact. Telling me, yea I will get it shipped tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow........Ya get the picture I'm sure.
None the less, the last contact with this member was the 24th of April.....He or she has not been on the forums since then. Naturally I filed a case through PayPal, and should get my funds back without issue. He posted about a week and a half ago in PayPal stating that he "shipped the card and I would have it shortly." Yea right pal.

I guess I just got so excited about getting a second card for my little 8 year old grandson, that I just didn't stop to get better information from this member. Things like an address, phone number, etc...

The other funny thing about this member, he has posted a couple of for sale threads here on [H], and one I have posted warnings on as there were members interested in purchasing items from him or her. Now another interesting thing about this person, he or she joined [H], OCN, and TechPowerUp the same day; March 18th, 2011!

Sure wish I would have done more research before paying this person the money:(

This is more of a warning to other members here on the great [H] than trying to receive help. I think it will be resolved, however I just wanted to save any of the other decent honest folks the heartache of paying any money to this member.

And to rip off a little 8 year old child........What a chicken shit.
He knew why I was buying the card is the worst thing of all. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks and sorry for taking up valuable space on our awesome forums.

Dano

Edit: something that was brought to my attention by an awesome member, is to post a link to this characters Heatware! Thanks for bringing that to my attention :)

Tehpwnzah's Heatware is:

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=75390

Now of course I have left him or her a negative feedback, so good luck with selling anything Tehpwnzah!!!!!

Last edited:
Well had to look him up...he made 6 different threads in for sale/trade forum. But he was pretty consistent with what he was selling or looking for. I don't see any popular/big ticket items that a normal scammer would try.

But obviously the guy was new, it's probably some teenager who really doesn't care if you get your stuff once he has his side of the bargain.

You said in one of the threads that it's been 3 weeks without any card showing up. So I think if I were you, I'd try to go ahead and burn him on the other forums as well, especially if he's actively posting there. Kinda do everyone else a favor and put some pressure on him on other forums, might not be convenient to be banned for significant periods of time from forums over 50 bucks.

Plus someone else might have collected info on him.

Well had to look him up...he made 6 different threads in for sale/trade forum. But he was pretty consistent with what he was selling or looking for. I don't see any popular/big ticket items that a normal scammer would try.

But obviously the guy was new, it's probably some teenager who really doesn't care if you get your stuff once he has his side of the bargain.

You said in one of the threads that it's been 3 weeks without any card showing up. So I think if I were you, I'd try to go ahead and burn him on the other forums as well, especially if he's actively posting there. Kinda do everyone else a favor and put some pressure on him on other forums, might not be convenient to be banned for significant periods of time from forums over 50 bucks.

Plus someone else might have collected info on him.

Thanks man. Yea, I have posted in the other two forums as well. Been trying to find information regarding his user name online, however there really isn't much available.

Yea your probably correct man, it probably is a teenager. Kind of talked like one to be honest. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of great teenagers on the forums that are awesome traders:D

Did you check his heat email out? [email protected], who makes an email like that?

On a another note, hopefully you paid with PP CC and your CC will be able to recover your funds. Even if you win the PP dispute, if there's no money there PP will get you nothing. They'll send you a email saying that when he has money they'll recover it. Escalate your claim and contact your CC and this will get cleared up faster than relying on PP.

Hope it all works out for you and thanks for the heads up. :)

Your first mistake OP was gifting a new member. When i was new here nobody wanted to deal with me even though I had mentioned my ebay name and an airgun forum (classified airguns) which dealt with TWO $500+ transactions. Then I finally started some trades and I even paid for a 5970, paypal'd it and the guy didnt trust me so he sent the money back! We talked on the phone and he had a change of heart, but i told him I'm keep my money and GL with his sale.

Thanks to that guy I settled for a $325 GTX 480.

Anyways, never do a gift for a new member, unless he has a HEAT of course!

Did you check his heat email out? [email protected], who makes an email like that?

On a another note, hopefully you paid with PP CC and your CC will be able to recover your funds. Even if you win the PP dispute, if there's no money there PP will get you nothing. They'll send you a email saying that when he has money they'll recover it. Escalate your claim and contact your CC and this will get cleared up faster than relying on PP.

Hope it all works out for you and thanks for the heads up. :)

Yea, I didn't use my CC:mad: I used funds that I had in my PP account. None the less, thanks a ton for the email info Kyang!!! ;););)
And I did escalate the dispute to a claim yesterday. It is suppose to be cleared up by the 13th of this month....We shall see. :confused:

Your first mistake OP was gifting a new member. When i was new here nobody wanted to deal with me even though I had mentioned my ebay name and an airgun forum (classified airguns) which dealt with TWO $500+ transactions. Then I finally started some trades and I even paid for a 5970, paypal'd it and the guy didnt trust me so he sent the money back! We talked on the phone and he had a change of heart, but i told him I'm keep my money and GL with his sale.

Thanks to that guy I settled for a $325 GTX 480.

Anyways, never do a gift for a new member, unless he has a HEAT of course!

He says he didn't gift, which is why he could dispute.

That is correct, I did not gift, so I am able to dispute it.

don't worry... if he doesn't have proof that he shipped (aka tracking number), paypal will side with you

it'll just take a while for paypal to process the claim

and here's the lesson: Communication

Whenever you deal with a transaction, it's fine to PM every day or two about updates / questions... if the other party is too busy for this, then he might be too busy to send your package

don't worry... if he doesn't have proof that he shipped (aka tracking number), paypal will side with you

it'll just take a while for paypal to process the claim

and here's the lesson: Communication

Whenever you deal with a transaction, it's fine to PM every day or two about updates / questions... if the other party is too busy for this, then he might be too busy to send your package

Yea no kidding man, communication is the key word there man. :p I will not make that mistake again, I can tell ya that.

But yea, he has not contacted me regarding this since the 24th of April, and I am sure he is not going to contact me again. At the moment, it is totally up to PP.
Thanks for the response however. ;););)

I thought I read gifted, I guess I took it that way because he mentioned it.

Hope you get your money back OP, fuck scammers.

No worries man. And I agree with you 100% bro!!!;););)

Updated original post with Tehpwnzah's Heatware link.

Thanks to everyone that has PM'd me, and posted in this thread!!! Your all so awesome!! :)

Ranked #29,245 out of 75,438 users
Thats pretty sad.. Hes still better than 2/5's of the people that have heatware

and seriously.. Anyone that uses an AOL acct just needs to GTFO of here anyways

Also note.. 1 month ago Masterosok met him locally in Elm, Tx... tehpwnzah's profile says he lives in plaquemine, LA
Maybe PM masterosok about him..

Thanks for the heads up. That's a shame that people really do this kind of bs. Good luck on the dispute. :)

Also note.. 1 month ago Masterosok met him locally in Elm, Tx... tehpwnzah's profile says he lives in plaquemine, LA

and just what is so wrong with an aol account?

i live about 2-3 hrs away but never heard of him..
anyone have a phone number or a first name atleast that i can cross reference?

sorry this happened man but we'll get em dont worry!

Yep, I did PM Masterosok Juggalo. That is something that I am waiting to hear back on man.

and just what is so wrong with an aol account?

i live about 2-3 hrs away but never heard of him..
anyone have a phone number or a first name atleast that i can cross reference?

sorry this happened man but we'll get em dont worry!

LOL, yea, now that is awesome of ya man!!!! ;););)
I don't have a name at all.......Jeez, that is one of the things that really sucks! I was really pretty stupid to even do this deal to be honest.

there should have atleast been a name for the paypal account he used?
usually paypal makes you store a contact # and your full name.. be it fake or not...

but it aint no problem man, people these days need to just need to get a brutal butt whooping by there parents.. no matter how old they are take them what the word respect and honesty means. :)
(sorry mods if i wasnt allowed to say the above sentence, please remove if its not allowed.)

At least it wasn't something more expensive :( I would have traded this for any number of other transactions I have been scammed on.

edit your feedback for him dude, he may be a tool but that doesn't mean you should act like you have no self control or it's gonna look bad on you as well, if I were you I'd take out some of those "choice" words you used in the eval and let the "negative" feedback do all the talking for you...

I've sent him a PM asking him to respond in this thread, but, I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath.

edit your feedback for him dude, he may be a tool but that doesn't mean you should act like you have no self control or it's gonna look bad on you as well, if I were you I'd take out some of those "choice" words you used in the eval and let the "negative" feedback do all the talking for you...

Yea, your very correct Wolvarine. I did so that it looks cleaner and that a more calm and sane person typed it out:p

I've sent him a PM asking him to respond in this thread, but, I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath.

Yea, don't hold your breath.

Well justice prevailed once again!:D

After almost a month of disputing this case, PayPal refunded my entire amount yesterday;););)

However this still does not give the seller/scammer the right to pull crap like this, so be warned about this person!

Thanks to everyone that posted ideas and support throughout this entire thread.;););)

Basically this has be resolved now, so a moderator can close this thread :)

I'm very happy you got your money back, sorry it took awhile to do it.

If anyone directly involved has information they feel should be added to this thread, please contact a moderator and we'll discuss reopening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back