Do my temps seems high? I think they are.

Joni Nitro

Gawd
I recently put together a rig and I have a HeatKiller 3.0LT, MCR320, 3 Med YL pulling, and a D5 cooling an i7 930@4ghz. My vcore is at 1.28, but my idle temps are hovering in the low to mid 30s and its 20C in my room. A 10 degree delta seems high for a cpu on a 360 rad. Is it possible to have to much flow in a loop? My pump on high and my loop is pretty short, maybe is not getting a chance to absorb heat? There is no air in the system, and the HK seems to be mounted properly.

75C running 8 threads of Prime95 on one core the others run cooler. I am using RealTemp. I know that these are relatively safe and I rarely max out my system. I will be re-configuring things a bit and adding more cooling. I just want to make sure everything seems fine for now. I have another 240 rad and enough med YLs for push/pull and a PWM fan controller on standby when I add the gpu in the loop.

Can switch your YLs to push instead of pull? AFAIK, push/pull > push > pull when it comes to temps. You can try reseating the block too.

Last edited:
AFAIK, push/pull > push > pull when it comes to temps.

Doesn't this depend on the fans being used? Two fans in push/pull will always win but if they're high static pressure, wouldn't one fan push vs. pull even out?

Back