Do I use the Nvidia chipset drivers on their website for Vista?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I think I read somewhere where you dont need to run their chipset drivers. But not sure..

Is Vista chipset drivers just fine? or do we update them?

your advice?

I mention this because my 3dmark 06 score was only 6800, and that was with an 8800GTS.

I figured it would be higher than that.

It is an Asus A8N-e. I think it is the Nforce4 chipset.

I went ahead and installed the latest chipset from Nvidias site. But I am not sure it is actually installing. Because the drivers are from like March 2007, and I still show 2006 drivers on my IDE controllers..

In my experience I leave the default OS drivers for IDE. I have had major issues with the nVidia drivers. I'm running the same setup as you btw.

In my experience I leave the default OS drivers for IDE. I have had major issues with the nVidia drivers. I'm running the same setup as you btw.

So your IDE controllers show a 2006 driver then too?

For my DFI LanParty Ultra-D NForce 4 board, I install only the SMBus driver and leave the default IDE drivers.

i use em and have the 650i SLI chipset. no problems here. though if thats all you're getting with an 8800gts, its prolly the vid card drivers more than the chipset...which forcewares are you using? the 158s?

i use em and have the 650i SLI chipset. no problems here. though if thats all you're getting with an 8800gts, its prolly the vid card drivers more than the chipset...which forcewares are you using? the 158s?

I am using the latest drivers off of Nvidias website.

The 158.18 series. But I heard that my CPU might also be lowering my score and I should be fine with games, etc..

Back