Do I return my Boxee Box for a Logitech Revue w/ Google TV?

FerraraZ

Gawd
Got a Boxee Box from Best Buy 4 days ago and its been alright honestly. Love the interface and I've been able to share some media from my iMac. Last night however was a really bad experience for me. I was trying to stream a video from my iMac over the network to Boxee Box and would receive loading errors and could not connect to file source errors. Seeing other people have the same issue online wasnt too helpful.

I dont have cable TV (being a college student) so I'm trying my best to substitute the little TV I watch with internet TV however even the Boxee Box applications arent that good IMO. Sure I watch Netflix but as far as Live video of news or sports, its really limited. By all means if I'm missing something and Boxee Box can do more than what I've seen please let me know! Otherwise would getting a Logitech Revue be a worthy alternative? I'd like to make the decision semi soon so I can get my money back.

Jeses christ no. GoogleTV is a pile of shit.

Are your videos in iTunes? Just get an ATV2 if thats the case.

Right now, GTV is total crap. However, perhaps when the update to HC 3.0 comes it might be better....but mine is collecting dust right now.

I have a jailbroken ATV2 w/ XBMC on it. Compared to my Zotac 330 Atom/ION box, it seems rather slow, especially when it comes to scraping/indexing. I also do not care for the Apple remote. The IR seems "weak" requiring me to almost point it directly at the ATV2 vs the MCE Remote which works no matter where I point it.

Right now, GTV is total crap. However, perhaps when the update to HC 3.0 comes it might be better....but mine is collecting dust right now.

Word from Logitech is that the Honeycomb update that was slated for this summer will not be coming until "later this year".

I bought my Revue last week in anticipation of the update coming this month, but based on this news it's probably going back. I mean, it's a pretty cool device but lacks important features and apps that would make it something worth keeping for me.

Back