Do I need to update bios version or bios settings after Win 8.1 to 10 upgrade?

biggles

2[H]4U
Last year, like many others, I took advantage of the free offer from Microsoft to update my Desktop PC from Windows 8.1 to 10 (see sig for rig). It just occurred to me that perhaps the bios is not properly configured for the new OS. There are settings beyond my skillset, things like UEFI. I have a poor understanding of what most of the items in the bios mean. So, like the title says, should some settings change, and should the bios be updated for the new OS?

Assumption is that the bios was properly setup by the computer builder (not me) when originally purchased and running Windows 8.1. And there have been no hardware changes.

One other question, is there a good website somewhere that can explain bios settings for dummies?

If the BIOS is current set in a way that Windows 8.1 is running fine, it will do the same with Windows 10. The only thing you'll want to check is if there is an update needed to run Windows 10. Gigabyte's website is easy to use to determine such a thing.

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-SLI-rev-10#support-dl

If you look under BIOS, there are 8 revisions, but I don't see anything about Windows 10 compatibility. So, it should run fine.

Back