Do I need to reseat my cpu block?

I am getting the following temps:

85c using aida64 stress test according to ryzenmaster
55-65 sometimes hitting 75 after an hour of outer worlds(the 5700xt maxes at 55)

I have a hwlabs gtx 360 and gtx 240 on the loop. The temps seem high to me for this loop. So do I need to reseat?

I have no idea how hot these new Ryzen's run under water.

My old 3930k at 1.445v and 4.8Ghz gets pretty damn hot under full load, but it is also 32nm so that is not unexpected.

Do you know what your water temp is?

Mine runs kind of hot as well. Usually, I'm in the low 70's under a 100% load on a 360 AIO. Wouldn't hurt to double check the block.

I have no idea how hot these new Ryzen's run under water.

My old 3930k at 1.445v and 4.8Ghz gets pretty damn hot under full load, but it is also 32nm so that is not unexpected.

Do you know what your water temp is?

I dont have a water temp reader, I should invest in one.

Mine runs kind of hot as well. Usually, I'm in the low 70's under a 100% load on a 360 AIO. Wouldn't hurt to double check the block.

Ok, so what im getting isnt crazy, but it seems a bit hot. I shall pull the block and reset it. Thx for the responses.

What block - is the orientation correct? Most waterblocks should be oriented such that the microchannels are parallel to the die. If the channels get clogged from contaminants or corrosion, the performance drops quite a bit if in a perpendicular orientation to the die.

I dont have a water temp reader, I should invest in one.

They're a cheap fitting, everyone with a loop needs one. Half the battle is knowing the water temp delta. I can tell by your gpu temp that your cooling is restrained (assuming the gpu is in the loop). Gpus are relatively easy to keep cool with water and since yours is maxing at 55c its got a huge delta.

So I have had some setbacks due to tinkering and, even though the budget for this loop has spiraled out of control, I have finally got all the parts I need and started from scratch by first checking the block.
IMG_2393.JPG IMG_2394.JPG
So it does aprear that I did not have great contact, I guess my cross pattern was off when I screwed down the block. I also lost my mind a bit and bought this https://www.amazon.com/PowerColor-Liquid-Devil-Radeon-Graphics/dp/B082BZ3X1W
Unfortunately I was too wide for the Lian Li pc 011(NOT DYNAMIC) so I had to order a vertical mount bracket that caused the radiator to no longer fit which forced more purchases like a new res and slim form rads. To top it off I dropped the card from about 5 feet onto a hardwood floor and bent the backplate(its not touching the card, but definitely bent) so I am afraid to fire the thing up to see if it works!
If all works out it will awesome. Wish me well I will post pics when done.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back