Do I need to actually click the newegg banner?

ScubaSteve

[H]F Junkie
If I click a link, like the one in this thread, [H] will show up as the referer. Is this the same as clicking the banner, or not (in terms of helping [H] out by having lots of clicks, so newegg will continue to pay them for advertisement)?

If you take a look at the link in the banner, the CMP-BAC-hardocp. Not sure what that means, but it's been said a few times that HardOCP gets the credit for the click on the banner.

But if I remember right, Kyle isn't actually getting money per click or on comission per sale. I think that it's tracked so that Newegg knows that their advertising money is going to the right place. So, not a sales referral, but way of tracking how someone comes to the website.

Cheers.

you mean that i have been clicking that damn banner 600 time a day for nothing???

Not for nothing, you have our undying love and gratitude :p

Kroz said:
you mean that i have been clicking that damn banner 600 time a day for nothing???

Kroz said:
No. if you read the thread that was linked to above you will see that if newegg sees lots of clicks [H] doesnt directly get more money but in the future kyle can negotiate for higher rates due to the high clickthrough.

xphantg0d said:
No. if you read the thread that was linked to above you will see that if newegg sees lots of clicks [H] doesnt directly get more money but in the future kyle can negotiate for higher rates due to the high clickthrough.
Exactly. Buying through that banner is still a good idea though, because it shows that the clickthrough-to-buy ratio is high, which is what advertisers like.

The banner is like an instant shortcut to newegg.

1. Browse the [H] for cool stuff.
2. Find cool stuff.
3. Use quick link at top to get to newegg.
4. Buy cool stuff at cool prices.
5. Benifit the [H] for being such a cool site.
6. Profit.
7. Cool!

rinse and repeat as necessary... :)

Back