Do I need a fortron 530w PSU or am I Paranoid?!

afropuff

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

The current PSU that I have came w/my case (Chieftec), it is a TurboLink 420W PSU. This thing is a pos, but it has been running OK for the last year or so. I recently upgraded my rig (which is in my sig). I have been having problems with my system. The video card keeps crashing and I have been noticing my +12v line in the bios dipping below 10v sometimes (!!).

So, I have been looking for a new PSU. I was just wondering if I would be going overboard if I got a Fortron 530w PSU? I have 2 x CD drives, 2 x HD , 2 x case fans ,floppy drive for extras. So nothing that exciting. I notice some people w/these Fortron 530's have like 7 hard drives or something. So I am not sure if I need so much power.

So what do you all think?? I want to overclock my system more once I get this new PSU and some new memory. I also want my system to be rock stable through my OC's.

What would you all suggest?

Thanks!!

-fro

Now I am reading that I need to get a V2.0 for new mobos in the future..

sigh..

what should I do??

My budget is anything below $100..

and I need a PSU ASAP...I would like to order one today....I'v been crashing about every 2 hours now..

please help.

get the 350watt blue storm instead, it will be all you need. Period.

I had the same PS as you before mine went bad on me. At that time I got just a cheap one to get my system back up and running. I now have the Fortran blue storm 400W and it runs my system great.
You may think you have a lot in your system but like that one person said, A 350W would run it just fine chances are. But if you get a bigger one like the 530 or 400 then you have something that will last you years worth of upgrading :)

Well damn..I couldn't decide on the V2.0

I went ahead and bought the Fortron 530..

My PSU is completely dead now..it died two nights ago.

Hopefully this will solve my problems..

I should be able to get a converter for new mobos (V2.0) or something right?

-fro

Back