Do I have room for a water cooling setup in this style case?

Neoaether

Weaksauce
hdphun.jpg

I'm doubting it with the non-removable harddrive set-up the way it is.

You could always get something like the Koolance EXOS or even a Zalman Reserator, external units

non removable dosent apply when you have a dremel ;)

seriously if you remove the HD cage there are a lot of people that have put some nice WC setups in the antec-like cases...

Place the HDDs in the empty 5 1/2" bays at the top. Cut out the HDD mounts and there is plenty of room.

you have plenty of room in that case. Just move the harddrives around and get rid of the cage at the bottom

or you could cut a blow hole in the top for rad and put fan/res on the floor or something like that.

You mean, something like this :D

CIMG0346.jpg

CIMG0348.jpg

CIMG0342.jpg

Finished it all up while the forums were down.

This is an even smaller case than yours, so you should be okay. You can fit a doublewide heatercore on the top of most cases between the drive bays and still make it look pretty good.

I have an Antec Sonata , similar to yours, and I moved the hdd to the floppy bay and will take out the whole hdd rack (only a couple of rivets to pop out) and then put my heatercore under there, and my pump under my graphics card. No res for now, but I could easily slide a bay res in to one of my empty slots. Of course, I only have one hdd and one dvd-rw drive (no floppy) so that gives me a lot of room to play around with.

(this isnt the first time someone has watercooled a shuttle,its just a friends of mine in houston that was just finished a couple of weeks ago ... a.k.a azn226) if people can shove a simple WC in a shuttle, anything is possible,
P5220068.JPG

if i remember right, he used a Black Ice micro rad, Maze4 WB, Rio 180 pump, and all 3/8" tubing

a pump that im planning to use for my next SFF is the http://www.c-systems.ca/ has just came out with a new water pump built for PC watercooling, its 2x2x2 size, and runs on 12v DC

paulmofyourhand said:
(this isnt the first time someone has watercooled a shuttle,its just a friends of mine in houston that was just finished a couple of weeks ago ... a.k.a azn226) if people can shove a simple WC in a shuttle, anything is possible,
P5220068.JPG

if i remember right, he used a Black Ice micro rad, Maze4 WB, Rio 180 pump, and all 3/8" tubing

a pump that im planning to use for my next SFF is the http://www.c-systems.ca/ has just came out with a new water pump built for PC watercooling, its 2x2x2 size, and runs on 12v DC
that... is... amazing
any specs on the computer?

Just drill out the rivets with a dremel or something...or make an external housing for your watercooling stuff. I have a SLK3700AMB and I'm installing W/C into it.

wayne said:
that... is... amazing
any specs on the computer?

no offense to the maker as thats pretty awesome no matter what, but ive seen it done better

Neoaether said:
hdphun.jpg

I'm doubting it with the non-removable harddrive set-up the way it is.

I have that same chassis, cept with a 120 in the back, and I'm running a WC setup in there. I have a tiny Laing D4 pump, and a reservoir at the bottom, and the radiator is on the back of the case, where the exhaust fans are by the cpu. :)

Back