Do Games Cause Sexism and Violence In The Real World?

But...but...Anita tells me that EVERYTHING is sexist and misogynist!

Am I not supposed to be a good little cuck and just take this as Holy Writ?

SEXISM!
Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa!

MISOGYNY!
Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa!

Why God! Why oh why did you give me a cock and balls? Is it a cruel joke? Why can't I be a pretty, permanently offended woman?

Augh!

180px-Honest-feminist.jpg
For a 0.01% chance of getting laid, some men will do anything.

I couldn't even grind through 2 minutes of that. Why does that video exist? It is basically her reading a script but "with attitude". Why? This should've been a written article somewhere, where people could read it for themselves without the "this is stupid" tone and the "this is smart" tone. And of course with links to reference material.

I'm a strong gender equality guy (married to a woman and everything), but this is a bad video if you're trying to fight off sexism. Let's get some clicks by putting a modestly attractive woman in front of a camera for 16 minutes.

Last edited:
For a 0.01% chance of getting laid, some men will do anything.

Then they're lying to themselves about their chances of actually dipping their wick.

They're off by at LEAST five orders of magnitude, and even then, their chances are generally plus or minus a trillionth of a percent.

I couldn't even grind through 2 minutes of that. Why does that video exist? It is basically her reading a script but "with attitude". Why? This should've been a written article somewhere, where people could read it for themselves without the "this is stupid" tone and the "this is smart" tone. And of course with links to reference material.

I'm a strong gender equality guy (married to a woman and everything), but this is a bad video if you're trying to fight off sexism. Let's get some clicks by putting a modestly attractive woman in front of a camera for 16 minutes.

Honestly, the information she puts out is organized in a fairly concise, information-dense format.

Sure, there are going to be people going "TLDR!". But you can't present an argument with sound bytes.

I like how you can make comments like this:

Or this:

Or this:

And then somehow get mad at feminists and pretend sexism isn't real / doesn't matter.

All the while getting mad at a video that says the opposite of what they think it does, a video whose point (that is in their favor) they are actively undermining.

Strong work guys.

HAHAHAHA. Any time a story like this comes up, we poke fun at it by posting stuff that we obviously don't really think, all because we are tired of these type of crap stories getting attention.

If the "feminazis" want to do stuff like this, then we will make fun of them for it.

The video exceeded my expectations. The forum comments met them. I found that I had stopped checking out her rack a few minutes in when it became obvious she had intelligent things to say, and I respected her. Fascinating.
I watched the whole thing, she had some very solid opinions. She was not the batshit crazy triggered chick I was expecting. She even made a boob joke. Realized at that point I was not getting setup for an ambush.

Ah, Liana K. This has always been her stance, and I've known that for a while now. I don't agree with everything she says in her vids regarding feminism, but she's generally sane.

Of course, there are always those that go overboard. "A girl!? FUCK ME, BITCH! YEA! YEA!"... That's just being an asshole and a lot of gamers seem to cross that line pretty often. You can find those people (mostly teens) on Xbox Live all the time.
^that behavior is, sadly, not even remotely limited to people who play video games.

I think that dumb people are far more prone to be influenced by fiction (TV, movies, video games, books) than smart people, their sex, education level, and social status not being anywhere's near as important. You can find a perfect example with the various works of religious fiction, such as the bible, torah, koran influencing people's behavior towards one another. The previously mentioned three books have had far more deleterious effects on women's lives than any video game, ever. Funny how so many people ignore that fact, and want to find other causes, instead.

Smart people are not affected by games, as they know it's all just a game.

Video games are a scapegoat for the underlying problems of society which are already there.

Last edited:
^that behavior is, sadly, not even remotely limited to people who play video games.

I think that dumb people are far more prone to be influenced by fiction (TV, movies, video games, books) than smart people, their sex, education level, and social status not being anywhere's near as important. You can find a perfect example with the various works of religious fiction, such as the bible, torah, koran influencing people's behavior towards one another. The previously mentioned three books have had far more deleterious effects on women's lives than any video game, ever. Funny how so many people ignore that fact, and want to find other causes, instead.

Smart people are not affected by games, as they know it's all just a game.

Video games are a scapegoat for the underlying problems of society which are already there.

Amazing how you have come to the conclusion that the Bible is a work of fiction when it has been proven otherwise time and again. Also, yes, the Bible has had effect on womens lives, in a very positive and meaningful way. If you really believe what you are saying, how about actually reading through it and see what Jesus says about how women are actually to be treated. (Hint: not poorly.) As far as someone using an excuse to treat women poorly, it is just that, an excuse.

Please, if you are going to make claims about someone who is smart or "dumb", take the time to actually research it out first.

Amazing how you have come to the conclusion that the Bible is a work of fiction when it has been proven otherwise time and again.

Oh Boy. Better watch out, the bible has some stuff that'll get some people's panties in a bunch.
Of course, the Bible teaches divinely ordained role distinctions between men and women—many of which are perfectly evident from the circumstances of creation alone. For example, women have a unique and vital role in childbearing and the nurture of little ones. Women themselves also have a particular need for support and protection, because physically, they are "weaker vessels" (1 Peter 3:7 NKJV). Scripture establishes the proper order in the family and in the church accordingly, assigning the duties of headship and protection in the home to husbands (Ephesians 5:23) and appointing men in the church to the teaching and leadership roles (1 Timothy 2:11-15).

Of course, the Bible teaches divinely ordained role distinctions between men and women—many of which are perfectly evident from the circumstances of creation alone. For example, women have a unique and vital role in childbearing and the nurture of little ones. Women themselves also have a particular need for support and protection, because physically, they are "weaker vessels" (1 Peter 3:7 NKJV). Scripture establishes the proper order in the family and in the church accordingly, assigning the duties of headship and protection in the home to husbands (Ephesians 5:23) and appointing men in the church to the teaching and leadership roles (1 Timothy 2:11-15).

In short: Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen while all the decisions are left to the men to make. Makes you wonder which gender wrote the bible lol.

In short: Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen while all the decisions are left to the men to make. Makes you wonder which gender wrote the bible lol.

Nope but, if you want to continue this discussion, I am more than willing to take it to a PM. (Just do not want to get this thread spinning off topic into a soapbox issue.) Also, you comment is about how the culture of America was doing it a long time ago, not how the Word of God says.

Have not watched the video but, I think I will now to see what all the hub bub is about.

Edit: Also, makes you wonder how those who seemingly know nothing about Gods Word are all experts on what it says.

Nope but, if you want to continue this discussion, I am more than willing to take it to a PM. (Just do not want to get this thread spinning off topic into a soapbox issue.) Also, you comment is about how the culture of America was doing it a long time ago, not how the Word of God says.

Have not watched the video but, I think I will now to see what all the hub bub is about.

Edit: Also, makes you wonder how those who seemingly know nothing about Gods Word are all experts on what it says.
Nope, have very little interest but thank you. Had that crap beat into me all my childhood years growing up lutheran. Have found myself less worried and fearful having letting it all go and overall happier, can't see any mental benefit to going back at this point in my life.

If the title actually was true, then I am sexist towards my own gender.

My main character(s) are never male if there was a choice, and in some games that offers significant advantage because the population is.... you guessed it... male heavy, making anti-male abilities rather more useful.

Sexism and Violence predates Video games by a long shot.

Back