Do any adults play Gears of War anymore?

Capfarland

Limp Gawd
It just seems like in every other game there will be people who will insult you or literally SCREAM like chimpanzees over voice chat while playing. Just a couple of minutes ago I was enduring an annoying 'clan' of 4 noisy brats. I couldn't understand what they were saying because they were screaming and there was a weird reverb thing going on but I could make out the usual 'FAGGOT' insults, but I had a good laugh when I annihilated their 'l33t speak' facade in a ranked match.

Yes, just not online :) I gave up my Live Gold membership a few months ago and never looked back. Dealing with other people on there, and being voted down by griefers, made it useless.

Things like that make me wondering how people can claim in game chat is advantage for x-box live :D

Yeah... They couldn't even finish the match.

On another game I recieved messages in my inbox that said "quit" DURING THE MATCH.

The problems are not isolated with the younger folks. It's common amongst grown adults as well on Live. The European players are quite anal on the way you drive in the PGR series. I got more then a handful of negative feedback on my first week of PGR3. Don't get me started on Gears, it was great the first few months. Although, the community has deteriorated over time

I believe you should add players you enjoy playing with. The ignore function works well for the stat padders

And this is why my 360 headset is still in the original plastic wrapper.:cool:

I play Gears almost every night with my online buddies who I met in random Gears games about a year ago. They're all around my age bracket, everyone is like 24-35 (I'm 28). We have one "kid" who is like 17 or something, he's a bit annoying, but no homophobic taunting, he's just grumpy and whiny.

Then again we don't get anywhere near ranked matches, that's part of your problem.

I play Gears almost every night with my online buddies who I met in random Gears games about a year ago. They're all around my age bracket, everyone is like 24-35 (I'm 28). We have one "kid" who is like 17 or something, he's a bit annoying, but no homophobic taunting, he's just grumpy and whiny.

Then again we don't get anywhere near ranked matches, that's part of your problem.

Yup, most of the annoying players can be avoided by playing in Public, non-ranked matches. Like GreenMonkey, I've been playing Gears and other games with a regular group of friends for over a year now. We are all mature, between the ages of 18-30, and while we do trash talk on occasion, we do it in a joking way to have a little fun. We are never racist/sexist/whatever. You are more than welcome to join us if you would like to play sometime. As a whole group, we primarily play Gears, but sometimes the group splits up to play other games that interest us (Rainbow Six Vegas, GRAW, Halo 3, etc.)

I tend to mostly play with people I know on xbox live so i usually get to avoid that problem all together. When I do join the anonymous games it's amazing to hear the foul mouths on some of these kids.

I have been looking for a good group of (mature) people to play gears with. If anyone is interested please let me know. I am 29 and my bro is 21. We have a hard time finding people worth while to play with. My Live tag is NeoLotus. Anyone feel free to look me up or leave your gamertag so we can hook up online sometime.

Neo

I have been looking for a good group of (mature) people to play gears with. If anyone is interested please let me know. I am 29 and my bro is 21. We have a hard time finding people worth while to play with. My Live tag is NeoLotus. Anyone feel free to look me up or leave your gamertag so we can hook up online sometime.

Neo

Neo hit me up 't2p dwk' is my gamer tag

Name's dwk im 25 and im addicted to GOW lol

Uh, it's online gaming in general. Don't even try to single-out XBL...

QFT

I rarely ever play any online games anymore if I do voice is disabled. I've been playing online FPS since Delta Force came out in 98 BUT I'm not that good at them and having some 13 yr old punk screaming in your ear about how much you suck because you dont spend 10 hours a day playing game online gets real annoying real fast.

And this is why multiplayer on consoles has no appeal to me.

People will be assholes online regardless, console or PC. It's no better or worse on one or the other. I've never met bigger assholes than I did playing TF2.

Elitist pricks. (The TF2 guys, I mean)

Uh, it's online gaming in general. Don't even try to single-out XBL...

What was described in OP rarely (if ever) happens in an administered dedicated server (something XBL lacks).

Honestly, XBL is horrible when it comes to little kids.

Yeah I don't even use my mic anymore. Every night I hear fags/noob/___whore/etc. That or some illiterate person commenting on my gamertag.

GT: The Sad Sadist

Hit me up if you want to play a good game of CoD4 or gears. I just got shadowrun today too so we can play that.

When playing after kids come home from school then yes you're going to get a lot of immature children playing. I usually play late at night when the drunks come out.

just picked it up last week (on 360) already have it on pc but broken online...

my first online 360 experience was two kids screaming about getting killed and how it was all bullsh*t... and comming out with terms like... f*ing glitchers, i hate actives... there for noobs... and even "look at kebra (thats me...) hes using the lancer... what a noob..." .... however with all these crazy remarks they would say oh my GOSH instead of god... but thought it was ok to use the N word and faggot...

Back