Do ALL X58 mobo's support SLI and Crossfire?

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
I've not been paying much attention to i7 since I had just finished a C2D system. However, with Eyefinity on the loose and wanting to play Mass Effect 2 across all three of my 30's I'm thinking of upgrading to something that will not bottleneck a couple 5870's in crossfire.

That said, I've been looking at Evga's "Classified" LGA1366 board. It does not say it supports crossfire, but I'm told all X58 chipsets support both SLI and crossfire.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks for the help.

All X58 support Crossfire, but some lower end X58 does not support SLI. The EVGA X58 Classified does indeed support Crossfire, I've heard people confirming they have used an ATI multiple GPU setup and it works. The reason why EVGA did not say it supports Crossfire is because they are a NVIDIA partner and its promoted to use SLI.

All X58 based boards support CrossfireX, but not all support SLI. All /can/ support SLI, but some don't have a BIOS to allow SLI support.

Thanks for the replies all. After reading numerous reviews (that I had skimmed prior) it seems several are using this board for CrossfireX. Good to hear.

I can't believe I'm going to spend this kind of money for a mobo, but I'd already planned a black / red theme for the interior case paint job, so the colors help out as well anyway.

Thanks again.

Back