Do all 6990s have the Dual Bios switch? Any difference in brand?

SaViOr-

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking to pick up 2x 6990s later this month and keep reading about the 6990s having a dual bios OC switch on them where position 1 is 830/1250 and position 2 OCs the card to 880/1250. Do all 6990s have this switch or just certain manufacturers?

Also, is there any difference between all the manufacturers or are all the cards essentially the same? Was looking to get 2x Sapphire or XFX 6990s

Yes they all have the bios switch, last I looked not all manufacturers covered when you use the ausum mode (overclocked bios switch position) meaning it voids your warranty. I know for sure XFX stepped up and said they'd cover it. Before you put $1200 + on the sapphire versions I'd look into if they would give you warranty support IF and that's a very rare IF something does go wrong when you use the ausum mode.

So the XFX cards are covered for sure under the ausum mode usage? That was kinda my next question, the price difference between the Sapphire and XFX cards is only about $20 so it'd be worthwile to spring for that especially with the double lifetime warranty.

Just did some digging and it seems as if XFX is the only one right now who will honor their warranty if the ausum bios mode is used. Definitely know what I'm going with :).

Last edited:
So the XFX cards are covered for sure under the ausum mode usage? That was kinda my next question, the price difference between the Sapphire and XFX cards is only about $20 so it'd be worthwile to spring for that especially with the double lifetime warranty.

Just did some digging and it seems as if XFX is the only one right now who will honor their warranty if the ausum bios mode is used. Definitely know what I'm going with :).

100% the right choice. Also keep in mind in order to utilize the double lifetime warranty you need to register the card. Be sure to remember that once you get the card. The good thing is that XFX puts their serial #'s on the box so you don't have to yank your card out of the rig if you forget to register before installing. Better yet you get to try and decide if your 100% happy and will definitely keep it before you register it.

Wrong forum section :p

All HD6990s have the bios switch but not all brands will warranty it. XFX is one of the brands that does.

Wrong forum section :p

All HD6990s have the bios switch but not all brands will warranty it. XFX is one of the brands that does.

Lmao! I just noticed this was in the nvidia section :p. I'll see if I can get an admin to move it. Thanks for all the input, XFX 6990s it is :D.

Back