Do Alienware computers use Founder Edition RTX cards?

WilyKit

Gawd
Per the title, anyone know if the Alienware Aurora R11 equipped with RTX 3080 is using an FE card or are they using some sort of proprietary design?

I’d have to look again, but I’m pretty sure the the 3070 in the R11 I bought was not a founders edition.

this article suggests its a custom jobbie specific to Alienware. I know in the past they've used their own cards for the R series due to the... uhm... particular internal dimensions of that chassis. The Alienware RTX 2000 cards (or at least some of them) were blower designs even but it looks like the R10/R11 have dual-fan 3000's?

this article suggests its a custom jobbie specific to Alienware. I know in the past they've used their own cards for the R series due to the... uhm... particular internal dimensions of that chassis. The Alienware RTX 2000 cards (or at least some of them) were blower designs even but it looks like the R10/R11 have dual-fan 3000's?

Thanks, that’s what I was looking for

They do not. You can see them on eBay if you search, especially now with max GPU desperation going on.

Nope. Custom design likely done by MSI for Dell, as MSI does most of their stuff.

Last I saw, they tended to be custom OEM models specifically made for them which is how you ended up with crappy blower cooler 2080 Ti's.

Back