DMC4 or Lost Odyssey

I just finished mass effect and was looking for a new game. It's between DMC4 and LO. Neither of these games genres have ever drug me in and I want to try something new. A few key questions to help with my decision. How deep is the combat in DMC4? Does it grow throughout the game letting you learn new moves, or do you learn everything in the beginning and just hone your skills as you play? As far as LO, just how bad is the loading and how often are you just sitting there twiddling your thumbs? Is it THAT bad?

DMC4- Combat is very good. You start off with basic moves and you have an Easy mode or a Not so easy mode with two more game-play modes to open upon game completion. You start off with a set of moves but based on the items you collect you can "mod" your character to give him more moves within a specific area. You of course are graded on your fighting skills and how you have done in that level overall. It also has online leaderboards to compare your campaign scores with your friends and others.

The only thing I know about LO is that it comes with 4 game discs stuffed inside 1 single game box without any type of disc divider. So if you get it, you may go with importing the ASIA version, as they contain separate compartments for all 4 game discs. Other than that, load times, aren't that great, and the game averages 8-8.5 on some of the reviews I have scene but I will let others who have first hand experience speak about it.

I have both and I'm enjoying LO a hell of alot more, it's an excellent game. Load times are no where near as long as reviewers stated. Longest load time I have seen is about 7 seconds.

Here is something from gamespot about the loading times. Seems there was a last min tweak before the game was pressed that reduced load times. LO forum on xbox.com is buzzing..

http://uk.gamespot.com/users/Kevin-V/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25317685

I agree with Lost Odyssey. I was highly anticipating the release of DMC4 but after playing the demo I just felt a sense of... "meh". I bought Lost Odyssey on a whim yesterday and I have to say if you like these style of games, Lost Odyssey is pretty damn good. I agree with L3th4l that the load times really aren't that bad and you can tell some quality went into this game. Instead of "twiddling my thumbs" it's more of a "take a sip of water"... if that makes any sense.

If you liked FFX, chances are you'll like LO even more. I know I do.

Id pick up DMC4. The combat is indepth and continues to get more and more indepth as you pick up new skills etc. The environments are absolutely beautiful and engrossing. I really get into the games art style and gameplay.

I havent read much good on Lost Odyssey. Gamerankings.com shows it getting some miserable reviews at some places, and i havent heard anyone just going WOWOWOOW about it yet.

But i havent played LO so im just going on what ive read. But after DMC4 being my first DMC game, im an insta fan of the series. I love it.

Id pick up DMC4. The combat is indepth and continues to get more and more indepth as you pick up new skills etc. The environments are absolutely beautiful and engrossing. I really get into the games art style and gameplay.

I havent read much good on Lost Odyssey. Gamerankings.com shows it getting some miserable reviews at some places, and i havent heard anyone just going WOWOWOOW about it yet.

But i havent played LO so im just going on what ive read. But after DMC4 being my first DMC game, im an insta fan of the series. I love it.

Yo, I have u on my buddly list and everytime i load up DMC4, it annouced to me what level your on lol.

I agree with Lost Odyssey. I was highly anticipating the release of DMC4 but after playing the demo I just felt a sense of... "meh". I bought Lost Odyssey on a whim yesterday and I have to say if you like these style of games, Lost Odyssey is pretty damn good. I agree with L3th4l that the load times really aren't that bad and you can tell some quality went into this game. Instead of "twiddling my thumbs" it's more of a "take a sip of water"... if that makes any sense.

If you liked FFX, chances are you'll like LO even more. I know I do.

I think I'm pretty sold on LO. I like a good story and didn't mind the pace of Mass Effect which some people complained is slow from dialog and had loading right in the middle of an area. So, a few 7 second loading sessions won't bother me. A lot of people didn't like the DMC4 demo, but I thought it was great. I was really liking the art style and presentation of the game. Although it felt very polished and artistic I feel I will probably get bored with this game sooner.

those of you who are new to DMC should definately pick up the 3 pack of the first 3 games.

at the very least, play DMC 3. it is the best in the series. DMC 4 is a very nice entry as well. As Nero, it is reminiscent of DMC 1. As Dante, it feels more like DMC 3.

Back