Dlink WBR-2310 is crap. Need help purchasing another!

acee

Gawd
Well I just got this wireless router like few months ago on a sale and now its starting to turn crappy. It freqently disconnects the internet and freezes itself. I have already upgraded to the latest firmware and such but no luck with that. So I might as well change back to linksys. Does anyone have some personal reviews of some good linksys routers they own or know of? I have read so many reviews about different kind of linksys routers but they were like a year ago reviews. Thanks

and price isnt a problem. I just need a reliable wireless router which won't disconnect or freeze itself.

I love my Dlink DIR-655...same brand, but their highest end (consumer at least, don't know what else they're into) router currently, up there with the venerable 4300. It seems that with Dlink people love their highest models and hate everything else by them for good reason. This replaced a DI-624 that was total junk.

Handles tons of torrent traffic, lots of features including draft n and QoS, real stable, great setup interface, etc. Slick apple-esque white case too if you're into that sorta thing. :p

For what its worth, at least.

i dunno if i want to use dlink again. I had some bad experience with dlink routers. I also had a DI-624 before this and it hold up a bit but it started to fail on me by disconnecting (not freezing) frequently. So ever since this problem started to happen I dont trust dlink again. But i'll research this router you provided and hopefully it has soem good reviews :\.

Why don't you try flashing it with DI-624 firmware v 3.04. I fixed the random disconnecting problem with that firmware. Only that my laptop got disconnected less frequently but not my wired pc. And I'm using both wireless for my ps3 and laptop. Kinda odd. Sometimes it lost the connection, and I have to connect it manually to the access point.

Back