Dlink router w/ Linksys AP problems

PMildren

Limp Gawd
I have a dlink wireless router that I get a good connection on wireless. But the range on it isn't so good. I am setting it up in a large building with a lot of concrete walls. So I went out and looked for an access point to extend the range, but all I could find were linksys APs. I figured, no problem it should connect just fine. Wrong, wrong wrong.

I can set it up, give it a static IP through the router, see it on the router html page and can even see it on Intel Pro wireless set up under details. The problem is, every time I try to connect to it, I get IPs that arent in the range of the router.

Can you guys help me out?

BTW
Router: D-Link DI-634M
AP: Linksys WAP54G

Also, I am running the linksys AP wireless from the router. Not sure if this is the problem or not.

It's been a while since I've looked at the WAP54G... but make sure it isn't running DHCP. Also make sure that the connection setting and DHCP relay are set. Otherwise, try a different channel (and SSID name) to make sure you're not getting someone else's signal.

In this case, the manufacturers have nothing to do with your problems. From your description, there is something goofy happening with DHCP on your network.

dhcp is set on the router but not on the AP. The AP actually has no ability for DHCP

Back