Dlink DIR-655 can't port forward or use DMZ

Happybelly

n00b
I can't get any type of port forwarding or DMZ to work with this router.

I made sure to check everything in the sticky before I posted and it all checks out.

I'm using Vista, but I've tried it on a computer with XP as well. I'm using the standard windows firewall, but I also tried disabling it.

I'm using the original 1.10 firmware, I don't know if this is a known issue that was fixed or not.

Anyway, I don't know if you need anymore information. Please let me know if you do and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

I had some weird problems with my DLink before I switched to DD-WRT, it would forget the admin password if I changed it and I had to reset to defaults, I fixed it by reflashing the firmware even though there was no update. I would suggest upgrading the firmware on the device and if there are no updated available then reflash the newest firmware.

DDWRT doesn't run on a DIR-655.

Update the firmware and reset the router to defaults.

Also, use virtual servers, not port forwarding.

I think the DIR-655 is a terible router. I could not get it to allow VPN passthrough for nothing. I even contacted their support and did what they said to do, and it would not work, even on updated firmware. I ended up getting a WRT54GL and flashing to DD-WRT and now it is working perfect, and I just use the DIR-655 as an access point.

As /usr/home said, use virtual servers instead of port forwarding (seems to work better)

The only problem with virtual server is that I'm trying to open ports for a game server and it needs a range of ports.

So the firmware might fix it or is it bad model like ditchmagnet said?

Back