diy quad monitor wall mount ideas

Falls Included

I'm happy & gay too
i currently have two 2209wa's setup on my main rig, and i have 2 more in the box waiting for the wall mount. i have been browsing around looking for diy solution for wall mounting 4 monitors on the same bracket, and all i really found was people using wood and cheap pipes to mount 1-2 shitty monitors on.

i would like to make the mount out of 304 stainless, pipe or square stock, doesnt matter. i thought about just buying some flat vesa mounts and just bolting them to some pipe and bolting the pipe to the wall... seems like it would be clean, but i'd like some ideas from you guys before i move forward. i don't know how to weld, but i can always find someone who can... mspaint ftw.

mountvis.jpg

Template.psd

first solution

just buy low profile for middle ones, and ones that rotate for the side (and are taller)

ok, updated visual courtesy of mspaint.

mountvis2.jpg

Template2.psd

now, to affix it to the wall... should i bolt it direct, or use a system of hooks bolted to the studs and just hang them like a large painting would just be suspended? doing it the second way would make it much easier to take the whole thing down in the event i would need to. i was thinking 1" or 1.25" pipe.

also, one more obstacle is going to be cable management... one dvi and one power cable per monitor going strait down would look cheesy. what are my options for routing the cables to the middle or one side?

Back