DIY Paintball Turret

HardOCP News

[H] News
Looking for a way to protect your home / office? Well, this paintball turret probably wouldn’t stop an intruder but it sure would make a crook easy to spot in a police line up. Hit the link for a complete "how-to" with lots of pictures and video.

thats pretty cool, but I think someone did that a few years ago(just didnt post how to)

Fill it full of those law enforcement stink-balls and that would be a sweet (albiet VERY smelly) sentry turret for your lawn.

This is actually a good idea. I used to work on the Phalanx system years ago and we always joked that we could take decommissioned phalanx units and bury them in our front yards on elevator platforms with grass on the top of them to camouflage when they were recessed into the ground. Remember, we are all engineers and we are geeking on how we could do this. Then we thought we could tie the system into a surveillance unit or camera detection system and wait for intruders and then pop up out of the ground with a Robbie The Robot "DANGER!!! DANGER!!!" audio motif of some kind. But this would be a cool substitute and it could be non-lethal too.

seriously, it would have to be a pretty determaned guy to get past this thing. I know if I was being shot at by a paintball turret while tryign to break in somewhere, I would definatly just go find somewhere else.

This is actually a good idea. I used to work on the Phalanx system years ago and we always joked that we could take decommissioned phalanx units and bury them in our front yards on elevator platforms with grass on the top of them to camouflage when they were recessed into the ground. Remember, we are all engineers and we are geeking on how we could do this. Then we thought we could tie the system into a surveillance unit or camera detection system and wait for intruders and then pop up out of the ground with a Robbie The Robot "DANGER!!! DANGER!!!" audio motif of some kind. But this would be a cool substitute and it could be non-lethal too.

Mmmmmm 20mm hail of hot streaming death. That must have been fun to work on.

thats pretty cool, but I think someone did that a few years ago(just didnt post how to)

The one I saw, on youtube I think, was controlled by a laptop with a motion detector. I'd say that's better than a remote control turret.

Back