DIY 3D dual play glasses for split screen gaming

Sixthsense

I Suck Fat Ones
Has anyone tried this? I despise split screen in games and thought this was pretty interesting
It involves a passive 3D TV and switching out one lens from another 3D glass so it has the same color. The result is either player will be able to see only their screen.

Apparently this works on cheap theater glasses and it seems to work fairly well. Keep in mind the game or console does not need 3D support. I tried this on a 360, PS3, PS4 and on a One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdOvZNP2MJU#t=8m4s

EDIT:

The selection of your 3D view is dependent on whether the game has side by side split screen or OVER and UNDER split screen. Obviously you would choose OVER and UNDER 3D mode when the screens are split horizontally and SIDE by SIDE for vertical split screen.

Last edited:
Didnt Sony or somebody come out with a relatively small (~32? 24?)" screen that was supposed to do the same thing? Each player had their own screen on the whole TV. I remember it being really expensive for its size and quality though

^^ Yep and so did LG , apparently it's really the glasses that do the trick. Perhaps the dual play mode works differently, but in my testing this works fine on my LG passive 3D TV that does not have official dual play support

Last edited:
Back